Nine East Ham clubbers arrested after brawl
- Credit: Archant
Nine clubbers from East Ham were arrested after a disturbance in a Southend nightclub which saw four police officers injured.
The eight men, aged between 18 and 40, and a 27-year-old woman were arrested at the scene in the early hours of Sunday morning on suspicion of various offences, including assault.
They were all released from Southend police station on bail pending further enquiries.
Two members of Bar Blu’s door staff also required medical treatment after the fight, which involved around 30 people.
DI Julie Gowen, of Southend CID, said: “We would like to hear from anyone inside the club who may have seen what happened, especially those people who may have seen the assaults on the police officers and door staff.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident ruined what was probably a nice night out for the majority of people with police officers and club staff being injured as a result.”
Anybody that can help with any information is asked to contact Southend CID on Essex Police 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 2 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 3 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 4 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 5 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 6 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 7 Free climber scales Stratford skyscraper for climate change awareness
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 10 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford