Nine East Ham clubbers arrested after brawl
- Credit: Archant
Nine clubbers from East Ham were arrested after a disturbance in a Southend nightclub which saw four police officers injured.
The eight men, aged between 18 and 40, and a 27-year-old woman were arrested at the scene in the early hours of Sunday morning on suspicion of various offences, including assault.
They were all released from Southend police station on bail pending further enquiries.
Two members of Bar Blu’s door staff also required medical treatment after the fight, which involved around 30 people.
DI Julie Gowen, of Southend CID, said: “We would like to hear from anyone inside the club who may have seen what happened, especially those people who may have seen the assaults on the police officers and door staff.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident ruined what was probably a nice night out for the majority of people with police officers and club staff being injured as a result.”
Anybody that can help with any information is asked to contact Southend CID on Essex Police 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London opens to patients without Covid-19
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Volunteers out to bust Covid jab myths and false conspiracy theories
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman