Nine East Ham clubbers arrested after brawl
- Credit: Archant
Nine clubbers from East Ham were arrested after a disturbance in a Southend nightclub which saw four police officers injured.
The eight men, aged between 18 and 40, and a 27-year-old woman were arrested at the scene in the early hours of Sunday morning on suspicion of various offences, including assault.
They were all released from Southend police station on bail pending further enquiries.
Two members of Bar Blu’s door staff also required medical treatment after the fight, which involved around 30 people.
DI Julie Gowen, of Southend CID, said: “We would like to hear from anyone inside the club who may have seen what happened, especially those people who may have seen the assaults on the police officers and door staff.
You may also want to watch:
“This incident ruined what was probably a nice night out for the majority of people with police officers and club staff being injured as a result.”
Anybody that can help with any information is asked to contact Southend CID on Essex Police 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 3 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 6 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham charity hands out 500 food parcels to 'vulnerable' international students struggling with Covid-19
- 10 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation