Nine arrested over Emirates Air Line protest
- Credit: Archant
Nine people, including four from east London, have been arrested for trespassing on the Emirates Air Line.
Greenpeace protesters climbed the Greenwich terminal on Friday morning with the intention of walking across the wire to the Royal Docks.
They came down voluntarily after it was found to be too dangerous to make the crossing.
Nine people were arrested on suspicion of trespass and conspiracy to commit criminal damage and have since been released on bail.
Among those arrested were three men, aged 45, 44 and 42, plus a woman aged 31, from east London.
You may also want to watch:
A 37-year-old man from north London and a 27-year-old woman from Edinburgh were also arrested, along with a 48-year-old man from Yorkshire, a 33-year-old man from Cambridge and a 21-year-old man from Camarthen.
- 1 Silvertown scrap yard blaze burns throughout night as crews remain on scene
- 2 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 3 Newham's governance referendum: the case for both options
- 4 Silvertown scrapyard blaze under control after crews battle for nine hours
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
- 9 Staff 'overjoyed' as nursery opens in Stratford
- 10 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election