NewVIc student David Adegbite officially name as Barking murder victim
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who was gunned down has been named as David Adegbite, a NewVIc student who was planning to go to Middlesex University to study IT.
The 18-year-old was shot in the head on Sunday evening in St Ann’s in Barking just after 7pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died at 10.30pm.
Police are treating David’s death as murder and have arrested two men, one aged 19 and one 20-year-old, who have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am continuing to appeal for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of David’s murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 3 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 4 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79
- 5 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 6 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Queen's 1983 visit to St Mary Magdalene's marked with unveiling of new plaque
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking