NewVIc student David Adegbite officially name as Barking murder victim
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who was gunned down has been named as David Adegbite, a NewVIc student who was planning to go to Middlesex University to study IT.
The 18-year-old was shot in the head on Sunday evening in St Ann’s in Barking just after 7pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died at 10.30pm.
Police are treating David’s death as murder and have arrested two men, one aged 19 and one 20-year-old, who have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am continuing to appeal for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of David’s murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 5 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 8 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families