NewVIc student David Adegbite officially name as Barking murder victim
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who was gunned down has been named as David Adegbite, a NewVIc student who was planning to go to Middlesex University to study IT.
The 18-year-old was shot in the head on Sunday evening in St Ann’s in Barking just after 7pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died at 10.30pm.
Police are treating David’s death as murder and have arrested two men, one aged 19 and one 20-year-old, who have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am continuing to appeal for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of David’s murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 3 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 8 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag
- 9 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 10 Lockdown in Newham having a 'positive' effect on Covid-19 case rate