NewVIc student David Adegbite officially name as Barking murder victim
- Credit: Archant
A teenager who was gunned down has been named as David Adegbite, a NewVIc student who was planning to go to Middlesex University to study IT.
The 18-year-old was shot in the head on Sunday evening in St Ann’s in Barking just after 7pm.
He was rushed to hospital but died at 10.30pm.
Police are treating David’s death as murder and have arrested two men, one aged 19 and one 20-year-old, who have since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Jamie Piscopo, who is leading the investigation, said: “I am continuing to appeal for anyone who was in the area of St Ann’s at around the time of David’s murder and who saw anything suspicious to contact police.
You may also want to watch:
“My team continue to work to establish the series of events which led to this murder and, at this early stage, retain an open mind as to the motive.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3715 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham