Newham woman in court over duvet thefts
A shoplifter who made off with three duvets in the space of a week will be sentenced this month.
Sharon Chirekeni, of East Ham, pleaded guilty to stealing two duvets - worth a total of £95 - during on spree in Ilford in May.
The 36-year-old also admitted returning to the same shop to steal another duvet set, worth £100, three days later.
Having been granted bail at an earlier hearing, the Katherine Road resident then failed to turn up for a scheduled appearance at Thames Magistrates Court in July.
Her case was referred to Crown Court by District Judge Gary Lucie at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She will be sentenced for theft and fail to surrender to bail at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 28.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 3 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 4 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 5 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 6 Meet the candidates battling for votes in East Ham's by-election
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 10 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate