Newham woman in court over duvet thefts
A shoplifter who made off with three duvets in the space of a week will be sentenced this month.
Sharon Chirekeni, of East Ham, pleaded guilty to stealing two duvets - worth a total of £95 - during on spree in Ilford in May.
The 36-year-old also admitted returning to the same shop to steal another duvet set, worth £100, three days later.
Having been granted bail at an earlier hearing, the Katherine Road resident then failed to turn up for a scheduled appearance at Thames Magistrates Court in July.
Her case was referred to Crown Court by District Judge Gary Lucie at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She will be sentenced for theft and fail to surrender to bail at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 28.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 8 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme