Newham woman in court over duvet thefts
A shoplifter who made off with three duvets in the space of a week will be sentenced this month.
Sharon Chirekeni, of East Ham, pleaded guilty to stealing two duvets - worth a total of £95 - during on spree in Ilford in May.
The 36-year-old also admitted returning to the same shop to steal another duvet set, worth £100, three days later.
Having been granted bail at an earlier hearing, the Katherine Road resident then failed to turn up for a scheduled appearance at Thames Magistrates Court in July.
Her case was referred to Crown Court by District Judge Gary Lucie at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She will be sentenced for theft and fail to surrender to bail at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 28.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash