Newham woman in court over duvet thefts
A shoplifter who made off with three duvets in the space of a week will be sentenced this month.
Sharon Chirekeni, of East Ham, pleaded guilty to stealing two duvets - worth a total of £95 - during on spree in Ilford in May.
The 36-year-old also admitted returning to the same shop to steal another duvet set, worth £100, three days later.
Having been granted bail at an earlier hearing, the Katherine Road resident then failed to turn up for a scheduled appearance at Thames Magistrates Court in July.
Her case was referred to Crown Court by District Judge Gary Lucie at Barkingside Magistrates Court on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
She will be sentenced for theft and fail to surrender to bail at Snaresbrook Crown Court on August 28.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property