Police on scene after gunshots outside Newham Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are on scene after shots were fired outside Newham Hospital.
The Met were called at 1.27am today (February 19) to reports of gunshots on Glen Road, Plaistow, where a 19-year-old man was found with "superficial injuries".
A spokesman said: "Police are keeping an open mind as to the motive for the incident.
"A car sustained ballistic damage and a crime scene is in place.
"There have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
It is understood a police cordon is in place outside the accident and emergency department.
Staff and patients have been advised they can still access the hospital via Glen Road or Boundary Road.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 10 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
A section 60 order has also been authorised for the E6, E13 and E16 postcodes in Newham from 3am to 6pm today.