Police on scene after gunshots outside Newham Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are on scene after shots were fired outside Newham Hospital.
The Met were called at 1.27am today (February 19) to reports of gunshots on Glen Road, Plaistow, where a 19-year-old man was found with "superficial injuries".
A spokesman said: "Police are keeping an open mind as to the motive for the incident.
"A car sustained ballistic damage and a crime scene is in place.
"There have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
It is understood a police cordon is in place outside the accident and emergency department.
Staff and patients have been advised they can still access the hospital via Glen Road or Boundary Road.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
A section 60 order has also been authorised for the E6, E13 and E16 postcodes in Newham from 3am to 6pm today.