Police on scene after gunshots outside Newham Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are on scene after shots were fired outside Newham Hospital.
The Met were called at 1.27am today (February 19) to reports of gunshots on Glen Road, Plaistow, where a 19-year-old man was found with "superficial injuries".
A spokesman said: "Police are keeping an open mind as to the motive for the incident.
"A car sustained ballistic damage and a crime scene is in place.
"There have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
It is understood a police cordon is in place outside the accident and emergency department.
Staff and patients have been advised they can still access the hospital via Glen Road or Boundary Road.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
A section 60 order has also been authorised for the E6, E13 and E16 postcodes in Newham from 3am to 6pm today.