Police on scene after gunshots outside Newham Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are on scene after shots were fired outside Newham Hospital.
The Met were called at 1.27am today (February 19) to reports of gunshots on Glen Road, Plaistow, where a 19-year-old man was found with "superficial injuries".
A spokesman said: "Police are keeping an open mind as to the motive for the incident.
"A car sustained ballistic damage and a crime scene is in place.
"There have been no arrests and enquiries continue."
You may also want to watch:
It is understood a police cordon is in place outside the accident and emergency department.
Staff and patients have been advised they can still access the hospital via Glen Road or Boundary Road.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
A section 60 order has also been authorised for the E6, E13 and E16 postcodes in Newham from 3am to 6pm today.