Man accused of stabbing hospital worker detained under the Mental Health Act
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man arrested after an A&E worker was repeatedly stabbed in Newham University Hospital has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
The 27-year-old was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after the woman, 50, was stabbed with a pair of scissors yesterday morning.
She has since been discharged from hospital.
The man was sectioned after he was assessed at a police station in east London.
to treat people for a mental disorder even against their will to prevent harm to themselves or others.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are continuing their investigation and are urging anyone with information to call 01 quoting CAD 1063/12 June or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum