Man accused of stabbing hospital worker detained under the Mental Health Act
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man arrested after an A&E worker was repeatedly stabbed in Newham University Hospital has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
The 27-year-old was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after the woman, 50, was stabbed with a pair of scissors yesterday morning.
She has since been discharged from hospital.
The man was sectioned after he was assessed at a police station in east London.
to treat people for a mental disorder even against their will to prevent harm to themselves or others.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are continuing their investigation and are urging anyone with information to call 01 quoting CAD 1063/12 June or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 2 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 5 Parking charges, Covid, unneutered cats and driving into London
- 6 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 7 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 8 East Ham money laundering suspect arrested in people smuggling probe
- 9 Council loses court action against Barclays Bank
- 10 Plans for special needs hub at Little Ilford School given green light