Man accused of stabbing hospital worker detained under the Mental Health Act
- Credit: Luke Acton
A man arrested after an A&E worker was repeatedly stabbed in Newham University Hospital has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
The 27-year-old was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after the woman, 50, was stabbed with a pair of scissors yesterday morning.
She has since been discharged from hospital.
The man was sectioned after he was assessed at a police station in east London.
to treat people for a mental disorder even against their will to prevent harm to themselves or others.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are continuing their investigation and are urging anyone with information to call 01 quoting CAD 1063/12 June or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 5 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 6 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 7 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 8 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 9 Lanzini enjoying deeper role for West Ham in pre-season
- 10 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision