Newham police issue appeal over racist bus rant
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information about a racist tirade that was unleashed on a route 104 bus between Stratford and Manor Park Station.
A man was filmed by a member of the public making a string of offensive comments about Islam.
The Metropolitan Police Service Safer Transport Command and Transport for London Workplace Violence Unit were made aware on October 28.
Officers are still trying to establish when and where the footage was filmed.
Anyone travelling on the bus when it was taken or with relevant information should call Detective Constable Tony Barun from the Safer Transport Command Workplace Violence Unit on 07801203174, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
The video cane be viewed at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAINLwa7dwI&feature=youtu.be
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 4 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing