Newham man dies after collapsing in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A man from Newham died after collapsing in an Ilford street on Friday night.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade, 27, was found collapsed in Auckland Road at 7pm and died shortly after arriving at an east London hospital the same day.
Police say he is from the E16 area – which covers the Royal Docks and Canning Town – and that he is a UK national, but would not release any further information at this time.
His death is being investigated by officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, along with that of 23-year-old Magdalena Anna Welma, who was found stabbed in nearby Valentines Road at 5.30pm the same day.
Her death is being treated as murder, while police say there is no evidence to suggest Mr Ogundunmade’s death is suspicious.
The victims were not related but were known to each other, said police.
Enquiries continue to establish the circumstances around both deaths but detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
- 1 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 2 Moyes: Fantastic to secure European football again
- 3 Teenager from Newham found safe and well
- 4 West Ham United make point as hero Noble is hailed
- 5 The ex-gang member who turned from crime to become a pastor mentoring young people
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Gainsborough Avenue stabbing: 14-year-old boy charged
- 8 Burglars jailed for violent Upminster burglary where boy, 11, was shot
- 9 Pensioner dies after being critically injured in East Ham crash
- 10 Two arrests after multi-vehicle crash on Barking Road
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information that may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.