Newham man dies after collapsing in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A man from Newham died after collapsing in an Ilford street on Friday night.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade, 27, was found collapsed in Auckland Road at 7pm and died shortly after arriving at an east London hospital the same day.
Police say he is from the E16 area – which covers the Royal Docks and Canning Town – and that he is a UK national, but would not release any further information at this time.
His death is being investigated by officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, along with that of 23-year-old Magdalena Anna Welma, who was found stabbed in nearby Valentines Road at 5.30pm the same day.
Her death is being treated as murder, while police say there is no evidence to suggest Mr Ogundunmade’s death is suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The victims were not related but were known to each other, said police.
Enquiries continue to establish the circumstances around both deaths but detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 9 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 10 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information that may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.