Newham man dies after collapsing in Ilford
- Credit: Archant
A man from Newham died after collapsing in an Ilford street on Friday night.
Victor Banjo Ogundunmade, 27, was found collapsed in Auckland Road at 7pm and died shortly after arriving at an east London hospital the same day.
Police say he is from the E16 area – which covers the Royal Docks and Canning Town – and that he is a UK national, but would not release any further information at this time.
His death is being investigated by officers from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, along with that of 23-year-old Magdalena Anna Welma, who was found stabbed in nearby Valentines Road at 5.30pm the same day.
Her death is being treated as murder, while police say there is no evidence to suggest Mr Ogundunmade’s death is suspicious.
You may also want to watch:
The victims were not related but were known to each other, said police.
Enquiries continue to establish the circumstances around both deaths but detectives are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
- 9 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious or has information that may assist the investigation should call the incident room on 020 345 1570 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.