Newham man charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services
A 25-year-old man from Newham has been charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
Anas Mir Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, was one of four men arrested in a series of police raids across East London last Thursday aimed at cracking down on sexual exploitation.
Acting on intelligence from Essex Police, officers from the Met’s trafficking and prostitution unit executed warrants from 6.30 in the morning at addresses in Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, and Redbridge. A total of 12 addresses were searched.
Mr Iqbal was later charged with one count of paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
He is due to appear at Barking Magistrates’ Court today along with the other men arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Victims of child trafficking and prostitution, and anyone with
Information about this type of crime, are urged to call the MPS’s
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 5 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
24-hour helpline, open seven days a week. The number is 0800 7832589.
Victims can also call the national NSPCC hotline on 0800 1111.