Newham man charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services
A 25-year-old man from Newham has been charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
Anas Mir Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, was one of four men arrested in a series of police raids across East London last Thursday aimed at cracking down on sexual exploitation.
Acting on intelligence from Essex Police, officers from the Met’s trafficking and prostitution unit executed warrants from 6.30 in the morning at addresses in Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, and Redbridge. A total of 12 addresses were searched.
Mr Iqbal was later charged with one count of paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
He is due to appear at Barking Magistrates’ Court today along with the other men arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Victims of child trafficking and prostitution, and anyone with
Information about this type of crime, are urged to call the MPS’s
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 10 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
24-hour helpline, open seven days a week. The number is 0800 7832589.
Victims can also call the national NSPCC hotline on 0800 1111.