Newham man charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services
A 25-year-old man from Newham has been charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
Anas Mir Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, was one of four men arrested in a series of police raids across East London last Thursday aimed at cracking down on sexual exploitation.
Acting on intelligence from Essex Police, officers from the Met’s trafficking and prostitution unit executed warrants from 6.30 in the morning at addresses in Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, and Redbridge. A total of 12 addresses were searched.
Mr Iqbal was later charged with one count of paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
He is due to appear at Barking Magistrates’ Court today along with the other men arrested.
Victims of child trafficking and prostitution, and anyone with
Information about this type of crime, are urged to call the MPS’s
- 1 Motorcyclist, 19, died in hospital after A13 crash near Beckton flyover
- 2 100 people leave Stratford block of flats after fire breaks out
- 3 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 6 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 7 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 8 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
24-hour helpline, open seven days a week. The number is 0800 7832589.
Victims can also call the national NSPCC hotline on 0800 1111.