Newham man charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services
A 25-year-old man from Newham has been charged with paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
Anas Mir Iqbal, of Newham Way, East Ham, was one of four men arrested in a series of police raids across East London last Thursday aimed at cracking down on sexual exploitation.
Acting on intelligence from Essex Police, officers from the Met’s trafficking and prostitution unit executed warrants from 6.30 in the morning at addresses in Newham, Barking and Dagenham, Waltham Forest, and Redbridge. A total of 12 addresses were searched.
Mr Iqbal was later charged with one count of paying a child prostitute for sexual services.
He is due to appear at Barking Magistrates’ Court today along with the other men arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Victims of child trafficking and prostitution, and anyone with
Information about this type of crime, are urged to call the MPS’s
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
24-hour helpline, open seven days a week. The number is 0800 7832589.
Victims can also call the national NSPCC hotline on 0800 1111.