Newham man among four accused under Terrorism Act
Newham man is one of four accused under Terrorism Act
Four people – one from Newham - have been charged with terrorism offences following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police Service’s Counter Terrorism Command which saw a series of arrests earlier this month.
Three men and a woman will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The three men charged under section 5(1) of the Terrorism Act 2006 with preparing for acts of terrorism are:
Jahangir Alom, 26, of Abbey Road, Stratford,; Richard Dart, 29, from Ealing; and Imran Mahmood, 21, from Northolt.
You may also want to watch:
The full wording of the charge against the men is that between the 25th day of July 2010 and 6th day of July 2012, with the intention of committing acts of terrorism or assisting another to commit such acts, engaged in conduct in preparation for giving effect to his intention, namely: Travelling to Pakistan for training in terrorism; Travelling abroad to commit acts of terrorism and +Advising and counselling the commission of terrorist acts by providing information about travel to Pakistan and terrorism training, and operational security whilst there.
Contrary to Section 5 Terrorism Act 2006.
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Campaigners fear Newham City Farm site will become 'another green space'
The woman charged with possession of a document likely to be of use to a terrorist, contrary to section 58 of the Terrorism Act 2000 is:
Ruksana Begum, 22, from Hoxton.