Newham man among four accused under Terrorism Act
Newham man is one of four accused under Terrorism Act
Four people – one from Newham - have been charged with terrorism offences following an investigation by the Metropolitan Police Service’s Counter Terrorism Command which saw a series of arrests earlier this month.
Three men and a woman will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this morning.
The three men charged under section 5(1) of the Terrorism Act 2006 with preparing for acts of terrorism are:
Jahangir Alom, 26, of Abbey Road, Stratford,; Richard Dart, 29, from Ealing; and Imran Mahmood, 21, from Northolt.
You may also want to watch:
The full wording of the charge against the men is that between the 25th day of July 2010 and 6th day of July 2012, with the intention of committing acts of terrorism or assisting another to commit such acts, engaged in conduct in preparation for giving effect to his intention, namely: Travelling to Pakistan for training in terrorism; Travelling abroad to commit acts of terrorism and +Advising and counselling the commission of terrorist acts by providing information about travel to Pakistan and terrorism training, and operational security whilst there.
Contrary to Section 5 Terrorism Act 2006.
- 1 Restored Victorian warehouse in Stratford to become dance and music hub
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 4 Three teenagers arrested after boy, 16, found stabbed in East Village
- 5 Man in hospital after 'acid attack' inside his home in Beckton
- 6 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 7 Why musician swapped working with pop stars to teaching Newham pupils
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 10 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
The woman charged with possession of a document likely to be of use to a terrorist, contrary to section 58 of the Terrorism Act 2000 is:
Ruksana Begum, 22, from Hoxton.