Newham hospital’s second design award
Staff at Newham University Hospital are celebrating after securing a second design award, this time for refurbishing its emergency department.
The Secured By Design award makes Barts Health the only Acute Trust in London to meet the safety standards needed to receive this award for both their Maternity and Emergency Department facilities this year.
PC Andy Whitfield, Crime Prevention Design Advisor presented the award on behalf of the Metropolitan Police to Natalie Firminger, Clinical Design Project Manager for the Trust, Bill Stymest, Contract Manager and Thomas Mills, Assistant Site Manager for Medicinq Osborne.
PC Whitfield said: “Natalie Firminger, Project Manager contacted us before commencing with the refurbishment of the Emergency Department at Newham University Hospital. The strategy for improving clinical delivery whilst enhancing the personal safety of staff and visitors to the Emergency Department was paramount in the new design.
“It is well documented that the behaviour and conduct of patients and visitors gives cause for concern throughout the hospitals of Great Britain. Early engagement and a vision to design crime out of the front line of hospital treatment will provide a positive environment to the community of Newham for many years to come. Secured By Design is a site specific award and subject to very stringent guidelines and inspection that recognises those facilities that meet the highest standards. The facilities at Newham are a benchmark of excellence and should serve as a beacon for others to follow.”
You may also want to watch:
Natalie Firminger, Project Manager, said: “It is a real honour to receive a second Secured By Design award, this time for our newly refurbished Emergency Department. We will continue to work with partners to create facilities that provide our staff, patients and visitors to the site with the safest and highest quality facilitie
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 3 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 4 Where can I watch the Euros in east London?
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Neighbours warned to keep windows and doors shut during Plaistow blaze
- 9 Blue plaques celebrate Forest Gate's links to Jimi Hendrix and De Underground Records
- 10 Meet the Canning Town singer-songwriter praising music's ability to lift Covid-19 blues