Newham Council name and shame prostitute sticker offenders in appeal to find other suspects
- Credit: Archant
A “rogues gallery” of people either caught or wanted for posting “prostitution stickers” in Newham has been published in an appeal.
Part of an ongoing police and council drive against the criminals, the pictures include details of four individuals arrested in High Street North, East Ham, with more than a 1,000 unused stickers in their pockets.
Romanian nationals Olimpia Florina Covaciu, 28, and Dorina Deac, 31, and Lithuanian teenagers Karolis Stagos and Zilvinas Stebas, both 18, admitted they had been paid £30 each to put up the stickers, which include the names and mobile numbers of women.
All four were given a police caution.
Over the past two years, 30 people have been arrested by the council’s enforcement partnership team in an effort to deal with the issue.
You may also want to watch:
Enforcement manager Tony Bennett said: “We take fly-posting very seriously and want to remind people it is a crime and we will pursue those who take part.
“We are targeting the criminals who deface our streets and encourage members of the public to report any incidents they witness to the police or council.”
- 1 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
Released alongside images of the four convicted, are photos of 11 men and women the police and council are trying to track down after failing to pay flyposting fines.
Anyone with information should go to the flytipping page at newham.gov.uk