Newham Council name and shame prostitute sticker offenders in appeal to find other suspects
- Credit: Archant
A “rogues gallery” of people either caught or wanted for posting “prostitution stickers” in Newham has been published in an appeal.
Part of an ongoing police and council drive against the criminals, the pictures include details of four individuals arrested in High Street North, East Ham, with more than a 1,000 unused stickers in their pockets.
Romanian nationals Olimpia Florina Covaciu, 28, and Dorina Deac, 31, and Lithuanian teenagers Karolis Stagos and Zilvinas Stebas, both 18, admitted they had been paid £30 each to put up the stickers, which include the names and mobile numbers of women.
All four were given a police caution.
Over the past two years, 30 people have been arrested by the council’s enforcement partnership team in an effort to deal with the issue.
You may also want to watch:
Enforcement manager Tony Bennett said: “We take fly-posting very seriously and want to remind people it is a crime and we will pursue those who take part.
“We are targeting the criminals who deface our streets and encourage members of the public to report any incidents they witness to the police or council.”
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 5 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans
Released alongside images of the four convicted, are photos of 11 men and women the police and council are trying to track down after failing to pay flyposting fines.
Anyone with information should go to the flytipping page at newham.gov.uk