CCTV released of man wanted in connection with sex attacks in east London
- Credit: MPS
Police have released CCTV of a man they want to speak to in connection with a series of sexual assaults across east London.
The video shows the man walking down a street in Waltham Forest just after 3am on July 6.
"This moving footage is a great opportunity to have detailed look at this suspect. Do you think you recognise him? If so it is imperative that you contact us," said Det Supt Andrew Packer.
"I am convinced that there will be a member of the public who takes a good close look at this footage and thinks 'wait a minute, that looks a lot like...'. All I need is a name."
It is the second police appeal about the incidents in five days and follows four attacks in less than a fortnight.
You may also want to watch:
In the first case, police were called at around 2.40am on July 1 to a residential street in Plaistow South.
A woman, 35, was walking home when a man came up behind her, raped her and stole from her.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k
At around 3.30am on July 6, near Leyton Underground, a man followed a woman, robbed her and then made sexual advances.
In the third incident, a 31-year-old woman was raped by a man on Amethyst Road, Waltham Forest at 4.20am. He then stole her things.
Finally, in East Ham's Central Park at around 3.30am on Thursday, July 11, another 31-year-old woman was threatened by a man who then tried to rape her and then stole from her.
Officers said due to the similarity in the attacks they're treating them as linked.
The victims are being supported by specially trained officers and police are upping patrols around the crime scenes.
They also advised women walking alone at night to stay vigilant, mindful of their surroundings and to keep family and friends in the loop about where they're going.
Anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV footage is being asked by the investigating team to call them on 07881 330951.
Police said anyone with information can also contact them on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 777/1July. Crimestoppers can be called anonymously on 0800 555 111.