Necklace snatch in East Ham
A pregnant woman has had a �6,000 gold necklace snatched from her. The 27-year-old victim was with her three-year-old son in Northfield Road, East Ham, at 12.35pm on March 24 when the robber struck.
As she made her way along the road, she noticed a man walking towards her with his bike alongside him. The man came up to her and pushed her in the chest, knocking her backwards to the ground. He then snatched the necklace before fleeing towards Southend Road, still with his bike.
Passers-by came to the stricken woman’s aid and chased the robber, but to no avail. They have been praised by police for their community spirit.
The thief is black, wore a blue/black waist-length jacket, black trousers, and had a silver mountain bike. Police have provided a picture (right) of a necklace similar to the one stolen. However, the lost pendant also has two small gold coins attached.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the Robbery Squad on (020) 8217 5086. Alternatively, to remain anonymous, contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
Crime prevention adviser PC Brian Walker said: “When you are out and about do not have expensive jewellery on show. Where possible try to keep any valuables, such as expensive jewellery, hidden.
“Many robberies happen when people check their phones, or when they are going about their business and may be distracted. By taking some basic measures you can prevent incidents such as these.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Arsenal's Women's Super League clash with West Ham postponed