Murdered Forest Gate mum hid her family troubles
- Credit: Archant
EXCLUSIVE: A devoted mother-of-two who was murdered by a hitman hired by her husband put a brave face on her domestic troubles, according to her best friend.
Amina Bibi, 43, is believed to have tried to take her own life months before she was stabbed more than 70 times in a frenzied attack that stopped only when her killer was disturbed by her 11-year-old son.
Her husband, Mohamed Ali, and hitman Frederick Best, were both sentenced to life imprisonment for murder at Woolwich Crown Court on Friday and will serve a minimum of 24 years and 30 years repectively.
The close-knit Muslim community say they are still mourning the loss of their friend, who was found dead in the hallway of the family flat in Station Road, Forest Gate in September.
She was a keen worshipper at Minhaj-ul-Quran Mosque and loved fashion and shopping for new clothes in Green Street.
You may also want to watch:
Her best friend, who did not want to be named, remembers that Amina visited her house the day before she was killed and gave her the impression that she wanted to confide in her about something but was put off because she had company.
“She would not come out and say bad things about her husband but you could see sometimes that she was quite upset,” the friend said. “It was obvious that something was going wrong but I think she wanted to keep the family together.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 8 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
“She was a very dedicated mother, very caring and family orientated and would do anything for her children. Even when she was upset she was always smiling.”
Ali, 65, paid known crack cocaine addict Best, 47, of Kebble Terrace, Forest Gate, £1,000 to kill his wife, arranging for him to visit their flat on the morning of the murder and leaving communal doors open to aid his entry.
Speaking to the Recorder, lead case officer, Det Ch Insp Dave Whellams, said Ali’s “degree of planning and cunning” was evident.
“He obviously knew Mr Best and he knew he was a drug dealer and he used that to his own advantage,” he added.