Murder trial of teenager Champion Ganda set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion, who studied performing arts at Stratford College, was the oldest of seven children.
You may also want to watch:
The aspiring rapper, who performed under the name Chrome, had been visiting friends before the fatal attack in 2013.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital