Murder trial of teenager Champion Ganda set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion, who studied performing arts at Stratford College, was the oldest of seven children.
You may also want to watch:
The aspiring rapper, who performed under the name Chrome, had been visiting friends before the fatal attack in 2013.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing