Murder trial of teenager Champion Ganda set to start today
- Credit: Archant
The trial of three men accused of stabbing a teenager to death in broad daylight is set to begin at the Old Bailey today.
Devante Clifford, 20, of Lawrence Street, Canning Town, Marvin Simos, 19, of Canning Town, and Amani Lynch, 19, of Canterbury Way, Stevenage, are all charged with murder, attempted murder and GBH.
Earlier this year, Mr Clifford became the first person to be extradited from St Lucia to the UK and was also charged with attempted murder, GBH, wounding and ABH of a 16-year-old who was caught up in the attack.
Champion Ganda, 17, of Harold Hill, was stabbed multiple times in Sandringham Road, Forest Gate, and died at the scene on May 9, 2013.
Champion, who studied performing arts at Stratford College, was the oldest of seven children.
You may also want to watch:
The aspiring rapper, who performed under the name Chrome, had been visiting friends before the fatal attack in 2013.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?