Murder probe launched after fatal stabbing in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was found stabbed to death in the early hours of this morning.
Four people have been arrested after the man, believed to be in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene in Edwin Avenue, East Ham.
Members of the public raised the alarm at around 1.10am when they heard a disturbance, police said.
Officers arrested three men and a woman on suspicion of murder at an address in Upton Park this morning.
A man and a woman were released on bail, to return on a date in mid-August.
The other two men remain in custody at an east London police station.
Police believe they know the identity of the victim, but he is yet to be formally identified. A post mortem is due to take place at Poplar Mortuary tomorrow.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 9 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8721 4805.