Murder investigation launched in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in East Ham.
Police were called at about 8.10pm yesterday, to a residential address in Eversleigh Road, following reports of a seriously injured woman.
Emergency services attended the scene and found the victim in her 20s having suffered a number of serious injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:18hrs.
In the early hours of this morning, Friday, 31 July, a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
He currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are awaiting formal identification to take place but believe they know the identity of the deceased.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
Enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.