Murder investigation launched in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in East Ham.
Police were called at about 8.10pm yesterday, to a residential address in Eversleigh Road, following reports of a seriously injured woman.
Emergency services attended the scene and found the victim in her 20s having suffered a number of serious injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:18hrs.
In the early hours of this morning, Friday, 31 July, a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are awaiting formal identification to take place but believe they know the identity of the deceased.
- 1 'Suspicious' Forest Gate construction fire under investigation
- 2 Schools and staff across east London up for national awards
- 3 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 4 Romford West Ham fan accused of harassing Jewish man on flight
- 5 Wanted: Five people Newham police wish to speak to
- 6 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 7 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 8 'Staffing crisis' impacts hospice's end of life care service
- 9 Third straight win takes Newham top of the table
- 10 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
Enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.