Murder investigation launched in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in East Ham.
Police were called at about 8.10pm yesterday, to a residential address in Eversleigh Road, following reports of a seriously injured woman.
Emergency services attended the scene and found the victim in her 20s having suffered a number of serious injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:18hrs.
In the early hours of this morning, Friday, 31 July, a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
He currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are awaiting formal identification to take place but believe they know the identity of the deceased.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 West Ham assistant manager Alan Irvine backs Said Benrahma to end goal drought
Enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.