Murder investigation launched in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in East Ham.
Police were called at about 8.10pm yesterday, to a residential address in Eversleigh Road, following reports of a seriously injured woman.
Emergency services attended the scene and found the victim in her 20s having suffered a number of serious injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:18hrs.
In the early hours of this morning, Friday, 31 July, a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
He currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are awaiting formal identification to take place but believe they know the identity of the deceased.
- 1 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 4 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 8 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 9 Family given 'gift' of week to say goodbye to son who died at 10 minutes old
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham
Enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.