Murder investigation launched in East Ham
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a woman in East Ham.
Police were called at about 8.10pm yesterday, to a residential address in Eversleigh Road, following reports of a seriously injured woman.
Emergency services attended the scene and found the victim in her 20s having suffered a number of serious injuries.
She was pronounced dead at the scene at 20:18hrs.
In the early hours of this morning, Friday, 31 July, a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
He currently remains in custody at an east London police station.
Officers are awaiting formal identification to take place but believe they know the identity of the deceased.
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
Enquiries are underway to trace next of kin. A post mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.