Murder investigation launched after teenager shot in Maryland
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched a murder investigation following the shooting of a teenager in Maryland.
Officers were called to reports of shots being fired in Well Street, near Maryland station, at about 10.40pm yesterday.
A 19-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died.
Police are in the process of informing his next of kin and both formal identification and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about what happened, are urged to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4005 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Tributes to Pearly King of Newham who has died aged 79