Murder investigation launched after teenager shot in Maryland
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched a murder investigation following the shooting of a teenager in Maryland.
Officers were called to reports of shots being fired in Well Street, near Maryland station, at about 10.40pm yesterday.
A 19-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died.
Police are in the process of informing his next of kin and both formal identification and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about what happened, are urged to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4005 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 2 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 3 Election candidate slams plans for Durning Hall in Forest Gate
- 4 Newham schoolchildren enjoy holiday activities as part of programme pilot
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Newham pubs and bars reopening for outdoor service
- 7 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals