Murder investigation launched after teenager shot in Maryland
- Credit: Google Maps
Police have launched a murder investigation following the shooting of a teenager in Maryland.
Officers were called to reports of shots being fired in Well Street, near Maryland station, at about 10.40pm yesterday.
A 19-year-old was taken to hospital where he later died.
Police are in the process of informing his next of kin and both formal identification and a post-mortem examination will take place in due course.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about what happened, are urged to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4005 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 10 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London