Murder investigation launched after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Ken Mears
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man found stabbed in Plaistow Park.
Police believe the 27-year-old had been involved in a fight early on Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called at around 1.20pm that day to reports of a man suffering a stab injury.
He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The man has not been formally identified but his next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of Plaistow Park on the afternoon of January 29 and saw a fight involving two black males.
“During this fight the victim received injuries which have since proven to be fatal.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit
“The suspect then ran from the park into Hollybush Street.”
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.