Murder investigation launched after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Ken Mears
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man found stabbed in Plaistow Park.
Police believe the 27-year-old had been involved in a fight early on Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called at around 1.20pm that day to reports of a man suffering a stab injury.
He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The man has not been formally identified but his next of kin have been informed.
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of Plaistow Park on the afternoon of January 29 and saw a fight involving two black males.
“During this fight the victim received injuries which have since proven to be fatal.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
“The suspect then ran from the park into Hollybush Street.”
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.