Murder investigation launched after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Ken Mears
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man found stabbed in Plaistow Park.
Police believe the 27-year-old had been involved in a fight early on Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called at around 1.20pm that day to reports of a man suffering a stab injury.
He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The man has not been formally identified but his next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of Plaistow Park on the afternoon of January 29 and saw a fight involving two black males.
“During this fight the victim received injuries which have since proven to be fatal.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 9 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 10 Newham nursery schools praised for inclusion work
“The suspect then ran from the park into Hollybush Street.”
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.