Murder investigation launched after Plaistow Park stabbing
- Credit: Ken Mears
A murder investigation has been launched following the death of a man found stabbed in Plaistow Park.
Police believe the 27-year-old had been involved in a fight early on Friday afternoon.
Emergency services were called at around 1.20pm that day to reports of a man suffering a stab injury.
He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The man has not been formally identified but his next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Insp Dave Whellams said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the vicinity of Plaistow Park on the afternoon of January 29 and saw a fight involving two black males.
“During this fight the victim received injuries which have since proven to be fatal.
- 1 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 2 Woman dies in fire at Stratford home
- 3 Rape survivor awarded British Empire Medal for services to community in pandemic
- 4 Leyton Orient goalkeeper Vigouroux linked with Lincoln City
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours 2021: Charity founder recognised with British Empire Medal
- 6 Meet the Canning Town singer-songwriter praising music's ability to lift Covid-19 blues
- 7 Stabbing victim 'pursued attackers in his car and crashed into them'
- 8 Brophy and Wilkinson leave Orient
- 9 School in Stratford unveils mural tribute to Marcus Rashford
- 10 Orient striker Danny Johnson reportedly set to sign for Mansfield Town
“The suspect then ran from the park into Hollybush Street.”
A 16-year-old boy was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of attempted murder and remains in custody at an east London police station.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.