Murder investigation launched after man dies in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a man with serious injuries was found dead in East Ham in the early hours of the morning.
Police and London Ambulance were called at around 1.30am today to a man suffering serious injuries on the Greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue.
A man believed to be aged around 30, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives now believe they know the name of the victim but await formal identification and next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
An incident room has opened at the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Detective Chief Inspector Ken Hughes.
Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 5 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 6 Beckton children’s hospice given £5k to replace stolen garden equipment
- 7 New boy Brown 'buzzing' to help Leyton Orient
- 8 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 9 Trust seeks extension to fire safety order after £35m hospital work delay
- 10 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
No arrests have been made.
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.