Murder investigation launched after man dies in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a man with serious injuries was found dead in East Ham in the early hours of the morning.
Police and London Ambulance were called at around 1.30am today to a man suffering serious injuries on the Greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue.
A man believed to be aged around 30, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives now believe they know the name of the victim but await formal identification and next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened at the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Detective Chief Inspector Ken Hughes.
Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 3 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 6 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 7 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 8 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 9 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station
- 10 Upminster killer boasted about hacking teen to death with machete in street
No arrests have been made.
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.