Murder investigation launched after man dies in East Ham greenway
- Credit: Archant
Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a man with serious injuries was found dead in East Ham in the early hours of the morning.
Police and London Ambulance were called at around 1.30am today to a man suffering serious injuries on the Greenway next to Lonsdale Avenue.
A man believed to be aged around 30, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Detectives now believe they know the name of the victim but await formal identification and next of kin.
A post-mortem examination will be arranged in due course.
You may also want to watch:
An incident room has opened at the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Detective Chief Inspector Ken Hughes.
Enquiries continue to establish the full circumstances.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 3 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 4 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 5 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 6 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford
- 7 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 8 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
No arrests have been made.
Any witnesses or anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8345 3863 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.