Murder investigation launched after body found in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the discovery of a man’s body at a home in Forest Gate.
Police and ambulance crews were called to a house in Sebert Road shortly after 3pm on Tuesday, but the man, believed to have been assaulted during an altercation with up to six men the night before, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary the next day revealed a blunt force trauma to the abdomen to be the cause of death.
Detectives believe they know the identity of the man, thought to be in his late 20s, but next of kin have not yet been informed.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) believe the man was the victim of an assault during an altercation with up to six men in Leyton High Road, at about 11.30pm on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were arrested on Tuesday while a 32-year-old man was detained the following day – all on suspicion of murder.
The trio remain in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Parks in Newham triumph with Green Flag awards
- 8 What's on across east London this weekend?
- 9 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Det Insp John Marriott, leading the investigation from the HMCC, said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have seen a group of men who were involved in a disturbance in Leyton High Road, at about 11:30pm on Monday, January 11.
“I believe that the deceased was assaulted during this altercation and want to identify anyone who may have seen something that can help.
“He then travelled back to an address in Sebert Road, where he was found dead.
“If you saw the incident in Leyton High Road at about that time on Monday or saw an incident in Sebert Road, or have information about what sparked the altercation, or know who may have been part of that group of six men then please call the incident room.”
Anyone with any information should call the incident room on 020 83453985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.