Murder investigation launched after body found in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the discovery of a man’s body at a home in Forest Gate.
Police and ambulance crews were called to a house in Sebert Road shortly after 3pm on Tuesday, but the man, believed to have been assaulted during an altercation with up to six men the night before, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary the next day revealed a blunt force trauma to the abdomen to be the cause of death.
Detectives believe they know the identity of the man, thought to be in his late 20s, but next of kin have not yet been informed.
The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) believe the man was the victim of an assault during an altercation with up to six men in Leyton High Road, at about 11.30pm on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
A 39-year-old man and a 29-year-old woman were arrested on Tuesday while a 32-year-old man was detained the following day – all on suspicion of murder.
The trio remain in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 2 West Ham United reveal 2021/22 Umbro Third Kit
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 6 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 10 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
Det Insp John Marriott, leading the investigation from the HMCC, said: “I am appealing for any witnesses who may have seen a group of men who were involved in a disturbance in Leyton High Road, at about 11:30pm on Monday, January 11.
“I believe that the deceased was assaulted during this altercation and want to identify anyone who may have seen something that can help.
“He then travelled back to an address in Sebert Road, where he was found dead.
“If you saw the incident in Leyton High Road at about that time on Monday or saw an incident in Sebert Road, or have information about what sparked the altercation, or know who may have been part of that group of six men then please call the incident room.”
Anyone with any information should call the incident room on 020 83453985 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.