Murder investigation into death of Newham baby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Police have launched a murder investigation after the death of a 16-month-old girl from E13, Newham.
She was admitted to hospital after falling ill on Friday, September 13. She died four days later.
A post-mortem at Great Ormond Street Hospital gave cause of death as a head injury. Further tests are to take place.
The girl's identity is known and next of kin have been informed, but she is not currently being named.
Officers arrested a man, 36, on September 14 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. He has been released on bail until mid-October.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 3 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
- 9 Knife-carrying teenager arrested after running from cops
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims