Murder investigation into death of Newham baby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Police have launched a murder investigation after the death of a 16-month-old girl from E13, Newham.
She was admitted to hospital after falling ill on Friday, September 13. She died four days later.
A post-mortem at Great Ormond Street Hospital gave cause of death as a head injury. Further tests are to take place.
The girl's identity is known and next of kin have been informed, but she is not currently being named.
Officers arrested a man, 36, on September 14 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. He has been released on bail until mid-October.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money