Murder investigation into death of Newham baby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Police have launched a murder investigation after the death of a 16-month-old girl from E13, Newham.
She was admitted to hospital after falling ill on Friday, September 13. She died four days later.
A post-mortem at Great Ormond Street Hospital gave cause of death as a head injury. Further tests are to take place.
The girl's identity is known and next of kin have been informed, but she is not currently being named.
Officers arrested a man, 36, on September 14 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. He has been released on bail until mid-October.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 6 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 7 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 8 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 9 How staff helped Plaistow pupils win £1m of top college scholarships
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss