Murder investigation into death of Newham baby
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Police have launched a murder investigation after the death of a 16-month-old girl from E13, Newham.
She was admitted to hospital after falling ill on Friday, September 13. She died four days later.
A post-mortem at Great Ormond Street Hospital gave cause of death as a head injury. Further tests are to take place.
The girl's identity is known and next of kin have been informed, but she is not currently being named.
Officers arrested a man, 36, on September 14 on suspicion of grievous bodily harm. He has been released on bail until mid-October.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing.
- 1 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 2 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 3 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 4 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 5 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 6 Appeal to help find cat missing from Canning Town
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Meet the weight-loss runner using Newham as a canvas
- 9 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 10 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford