Murder hunt launched in Stratford after teenager is stabbed in street fight
- Credit: Google
A teenager has died in east London following a fatal stabbing at Stratford.
A murder investigation has been started by detectives following the attack at Byford Close, off Vicarage Lane, last night.
Police were called by the ambulance service at 6.45pm following a report of a street fight.
They found a teenage boy with stab injuries. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene despite efforts of medics to keep him alive.
His family were later informed and are being supported by specially trained officers.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination and formal identification is due to take place.
There have been no arrests, Scotland Yard confirmed, but officers remain at the crime scene.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 2 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 5 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 6 Player ratings: Coufal shines as West Ham fall to Everton defeat
- 7 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 8 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 9 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 10 We're down, but not out insists West Ham boss Moyes after Everton loss
Detectives from the Met's Specialist Crime are heading the investigation.
A Criminal Justice and Public Order Act has been put in place across the whole borough of Newham until 12.30pm today, September 4.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to dial 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 6626/3 Sept, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.