Murder hunt after boy, 17, is stabbed in Canning Town
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has begin after a teenager died following a stabbing at Canning Town.
Detectives are investigating the death at an address in the quiet Goldwing Close cul-de-sac off Butcher’s Road, at around 8pm last night.
Police have cordoned off the street and an area around Freemason’s Road and Victoria Dock Road nearby, where a vehicle has been found abandoned.
Investigators are trying to establish if there was a link between the two locations, Scotland Yard said this-morning.
Police were called at 8pm by the Ambulance Service to a house in Goldwing Close where the 17-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene half-an-hour later.
You may also want to watch:
“We are still piecing together what exactly has happened,” Acting Det Insp Perry Benton said. “But we believe the 17-year-old has lost his life following a sustained and possibly targeted attack.”
Formal identification hasn’t yet been established.
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
Police are in the process of informing next-of-kin.
A post-mortem examination is being held in due course. The Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command has been brought into the investigation, but there have been no arrests so far.
A vehicle was later found abandoned in Freemasons Road near the junction with Victoria Dock Road, which is being examined to establish whether it is linked to the stabbing incident.
Detectives are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident, or has any information, to come forward and contact the incident room on 020 8345 3775, or dial 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 quoting ref 8884/14FEB.