Mother of Adam Regis makes YouTube appeal five years after son’s murder
The mother of murdered schoolboy Adam Regis has begged anyone with information on her son’s killers to come forward, five years after his death.
Kristina Ceasar said she still looked at groups of young men on the streets and wondered if they were responsible for her son’s death.
The 15-year-old was fatally stabbed in Plaistow on March 17 2007 after a night out at the Showcase Cinema in Beckton.
Speaking via a Youtube video appeal released today, Ms Ceasar said the last five years had been hard for her.
“Especially when you see Adam’s friends,” she said. “They have all gone on to achieve and I have to go to the cemetery for Adam.
You may also want to watch:
“What I miss most is him coming up and going ‘Hey mum, I love you.’”
Police were called to the scene of the stabbing to the junction of Boundary Road and Kingsland Road just after 9.30pm. He was taken to Newham General Hospital, where he died before 11pm.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Letters: CCTV facial recognition, Covid and tenants' manifesto
- 3 West Ham 1 Burnley 0: How the Hammers rated
- 4 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 5 Tottenham take Super League spoils at West Ham
- 6 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 9 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 10 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
That evening, Adam - the nephew of Olympic athlete John Regis - had got off a bus in Romford Road, close to Warwick Road, at about 9pm with girlfriend Rachel Harman and a male friend.
Rachel left to walk to her own home. Adam then walked with the male friend to the friend’s address before continuing to his own house in Churston Avenue, Plaistow. At some point during the journey he was stabbed.
Two suspects were picked up by the driver of an old-style bronze mark II Volkswagen Scirocco. Two other suspects were seen running north along the New City Road towards Barking Road.
A number of arrests were made in 2007 and 2008 in connection with the attack but all suspects were released with no further action.
Adam’s former school, Kingsford Community School, will open a memorial garden in tribute this summer.
Ms Caesar added: “To the people that killed Adam, Five years has gone past, you’re older, you know what you did that night. Over the years you have heard about Adam.
“Get in touch with the police.”
To assist, contact 020 8345 3775 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 1111.