Ilford man charged with murder after missing woman found in Upminster
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with murder after the body of a 21-year-old woman from Manor Park was found in Upminster.
Muhammad Arslan, of Natal Road, Ilford, appeared at Stratford Magistrates’ Court today - Monday, July 18 - accused of killing Hina Bashir.
Hina's body was found in Folkes Lane in the early hours of yesterday morning - Sunday, July 17 - three days after she had been reported missing.
Met officer DCI Dave Whellams said: “My thoughts are with Hina’s family, who have suffered a terrible loss. We will provide them with whatever support we can.
“We are continuing our work to develop a full understanding of what happened to Hina, not just in recent days but in the weeks prior to this terrible incident.
“I would urge anyone who may have information which could assist us to come forward.”
Arslan, 26, will next appear in custody at the Old Bailey on Wednesday (July 20).
- 1 Man arrested and bailed as Custom House stabbing victim recovers
- 2 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 3 Two more child strip-search cases under investigation by police watchdog
- 4 Spectators and cyclists treated for injuries after Commonwealth Games crash
- 5 Man in critical condition after stabbing in Custom House
- 6 Boys locked up for murdering 14-year-old Fares Maatou
- 7 Home hero hails crowd as thousands flock to Formula E at the ExCeL
- 8 Great to make winning start says Leyton Orient's Moncur
- 9 What to see in the sky in August: Year's best meteor shower to Sturgeon Moon
- 10 125 firefighters tackle two fires in North Woolwich
Anyone with information can call police on 101, quoting the reference 2674/14JUL.
To remain 100 per cent anonymous, visit the Crimestoppers website or call 0800 555 111.