Four men due in court today following gun battle with police in Forest Gate
- Credit: Jon King
Four men are due in court today charged with three attempted murders and weapons offences after police were involved in a gun battle in Forest Gate.
Shots were fired at armed response unit officers from a BMW before officers returned fire in Lascelles Close on Thursday just before midnight.
No-one was hurt in the exchange and one firearm was recovered from the vehicle.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, Willis Road, Plaistow, and Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and Lekan Akinsoji, 20, of no fixed address, have each been charged with three counts of attempted murder, possession of a shotgun, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of an axe and a “zombie knife”.
Akinsoji and Lewis have also been charged with possession of a firearm following a suspended sentence.
You may also want to watch:
They are due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money