Four men due in court today following gun battle with police in Forest Gate
- Credit: Jon King
Four men are due in court today charged with three attempted murders and weapons offences after police were involved in a gun battle in Forest Gate.
Shots were fired at armed response unit officers from a BMW before officers returned fire in Lascelles Close on Thursday just before midnight.
No-one was hurt in the exchange and one firearm was recovered from the vehicle.
Nathaniel Lewis, 22, of Earlham Grove, Forest Gate, Darnell Joseph-Newill, 21, Willis Road, Plaistow, and Troy Ifill, 21, of Torrens Square, Stratford, and Lekan Akinsoji, 20, of no fixed address, have each been charged with three counts of attempted murder, possession of a shotgun, possession of a shotgun with intent to endanger life and possession of an axe and a “zombie knife”.
Akinsoji and Lewis have also been charged with possession of a firearm following a suspended sentence.
You may also want to watch:
They are due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Looking back: five years since West Ham United left the Boleyn
- 6 Primary school recognised for supporting pupils' mental wellbeing
- 7 Free summer school offers music, fashion, hip hop dance and more
- 8 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 9 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 10 US burger chain Wendy's set to open first London restaurant in Stratford