WATCH shocking District Line train mass brawl spills onto Plaistow station platform
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a shocking mass brawl spilled onto a platform at Plaistow underground station.
The fight broke out in the early hours of Sunday morning (August 12) on a District Line train.
Officers believe the punch up was between two groups of men and a woman. They said that it started on the train just after midnight.
An eyewitness said on social media that the clash erupted after a passenger made a racist remark to an Asian man.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “It is not believed there were any serious injuries. Officers are making enquiries. No arrests have been made yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward. Call 0800 405040 or text 61016 quoting ‘15 of 12 August’.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 10 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford