WATCH shocking District Line train mass brawl spills onto Plaistow station platform
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a shocking mass brawl spilled onto a platform at Plaistow underground station.
The fight broke out in the early hours of Sunday morning (August 12) on a District Line train.
Officers believe the punch up was between two groups of men and a woman. They said that it started on the train just after midnight.
An eyewitness said on social media that the clash erupted after a passenger made a racist remark to an Asian man.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “It is not believed there were any serious injuries. Officers are making enquiries. No arrests have been made yet.”
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward. Call 0800 405040 or text 61016 quoting ‘15 of 12 August’.
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 'London is moving east': City Hall's Crystal move confirmed for New Year
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 Alexandra Burke: Stratford Christmas concert cancelled over 'safety fears'
- 5 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 12 people wanted after unlinked Newham robberies