WATCH shocking District Line train mass brawl spills onto Plaistow station platform
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a shocking mass brawl spilled onto a platform at Plaistow underground station.
The fight broke out in the early hours of Sunday morning (August 12) on a District Line train.
Officers believe the punch up was between two groups of men and a woman. They said that it started on the train just after midnight.
An eyewitness said on social media that the clash erupted after a passenger made a racist remark to an Asian man.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “It is not believed there were any serious injuries. Officers are making enquiries. No arrests have been made yet.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward. Call 0800 405040 or text 61016 quoting ‘15 of 12 August’.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 3 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 6 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing