Masked raiders stole seven vans from Canning Town rail firm
A gang used a van to smash open the gates of a rail firm’s Canning Town base before stealing six vehicles.
The break-in at the First Inrail yard in North Crescent, on the Cody Road estate, has sparked a police appeal.
Officers believe two men broke into the site office at the construction company’s headquarters. The keys to a Ford Transit were stolen and the vehicle used to force the yard’s gates open.
A further six men were then able to enter the yard and steal the keys to five more vehicles.
The gang returned two hours later to steal the final van. One vehicle has since been recovered in Rainham. The vehicles taken were all white Ford Transit types, with registration plates ranging from 57 to 60.
You may also want to watch:
Four were flat beds, while two carried First Inrail logos.
The suspects were wearing dark clothing, using either hoods or balaclavas to cover their faces.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 5 Officers donate Easter eggs to hospitals
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Mural sparks criticism after 'crime and murders' describe North Woolwich
- 8 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 9 David Moyes salutes loyal Mark Noble ahead of his 400th West Ham match
- 10 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
Det Con Dan Langley from the burglary squad said: “This appears to have been an isolated yet planned attack on a business during the hours of darkness.
“Experienced detectives from Newham burglary squad are investigating this matter and are currently following up on leads.
“However, I would urge anyone with information about this incident to come forward and speak to police.”
Anyone with any information should call Newham’s Burglary Squad on 020 8217 5009 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.