Masked gang in axe attack on teen at Plaistow station
A teenager was attacked with an axe by a masked gang at Plaistow Tube station.
The 18-year-old was then stabbed in the stomach, lower back and left arm.
More than 10 men are believed to have taken part in the attack at around 8.30pm on Monday.
The victim was targeted as he walked down the steps leading to the station from Lettsom Walk.
The suspects - around ten black men and a white man, all aged around 17 - then fled towards Pelly Road.
You may also want to watch:
They were wearing white bandanas covering their faces and four of the gang were on mountain bikes.
The white man is believed to have wielded the axe.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 3 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 4 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Forest Gate townhouses scoop RIBA's Neave Brown award for 'affordable' housing
- 7 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 8 'Simply horrifying': Newham MPs react after stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 9 Plan to transform Royal Docks into 'world-leading' cultural hub unveiled
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
The victim remains in hospital today.
Scotland Yard say he has suffered “non life-threatening, but potentially life-changing injuries” and is in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call the Serious Youth Violence Team on (020) 7275 5839 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.