Masked gang in axe attack on teen at Plaistow station
A teenager was attacked with an axe by a masked gang at Plaistow Tube station.
The 18-year-old was then stabbed in the stomach, lower back and left arm.
More than 10 men are believed to have taken part in the attack at around 8.30pm on Monday.
The victim was targeted as he walked down the steps leading to the station from Lettsom Walk.
The suspects - around ten black men and a white man, all aged around 17 - then fled towards Pelly Road.
You may also want to watch:
They were wearing white bandanas covering their faces and four of the gang were on mountain bikes.
The white man is believed to have wielded the axe.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 6 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Police name victim of Custom House fatal shooting and stabbing
The victim remains in hospital today.
Scotland Yard say he has suffered “non life-threatening, but potentially life-changing injuries” and is in a stable condition.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call the Serious Youth Violence Team on (020) 7275 5839 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.