Maryland stabbing: Boy, 17, shot at from moped before being attacked
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a teenage boy in Maryland have released information about the attack in an appeal for witnesses to come forward.
They say the 17-year-old, who suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, was approached and stabbed on Leytonstone Road by two men on a moped at around 4.30pm on Monday.
They were both wearing dark clothing and balaclavas, with the pillion passenger believed to shoot a firearm in the direction of the victim.
A dark car was following the moped and officers say that four people then got out and attacked the teenager before driving away.
There have been no arrests, and the boy remains in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Section 60 order giving police more powers, including stop and search, was introduced following the stabbing and was in place until the next morning.
Anyone who either witnessed or has information about the attack should call Newham Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Luxury hotel with artisan food market and rooftop bar to open in Stratford
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 6 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 7 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 8 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Flying Hammers face testing week with games coming thick and fast