Maryland stabbing: Boy, 17, shot at from moped before being attacked
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a teenage boy in Maryland have released information about the attack in an appeal for witnesses to come forward.
They say the 17-year-old, who suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, was approached and stabbed on Leytonstone Road by two men on a moped at around 4.30pm on Monday.
They were both wearing dark clothing and balaclavas, with the pillion passenger believed to shoot a firearm in the direction of the victim.
A dark car was following the moped and officers say that four people then got out and attacked the teenager before driving away.
There have been no arrests, and the boy remains in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Section 60 order giving police more powers, including stop and search, was introduced following the stabbing and was in place until the next morning.
Anyone who either witnessed or has information about the attack should call Newham Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 4 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 5 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Silvertown, North Woolwich heritage project offers opportunity to history buff
- 8 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 9 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home