Maryland stabbing: Boy, 17, shot at from moped before being attacked
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating the stabbing of a teenage boy in Maryland have released information about the attack in an appeal for witnesses to come forward.
They say the 17-year-old, who suffered injuries that were not life-threatening, was approached and stabbed on Leytonstone Road by two men on a moped at around 4.30pm on Monday.
They were both wearing dark clothing and balaclavas, with the pillion passenger believed to shoot a firearm in the direction of the victim.
A dark car was following the moped and officers say that four people then got out and attacked the teenager before driving away.
There have been no arrests, and the boy remains in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
A Section 60 order giving police more powers, including stop and search, was introduced following the stabbing and was in place until the next morning.
Anyone who either witnessed or has information about the attack should call Newham Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money