Maryland murder: Two men arrested after fatal shooting of Abdul Mayanja
- Credit: GoFundMe
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a teenage RAF air cadet in Maryland, Newham.
Abdul Mayanja, 19, died in hospital after being shot near to the train station in Well Street at 10.40pm on Friday, August 25.
Officers arrested two men, aged 22 and 23, in the early hours of Sunday morning and took them into custody at an east London police station.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “Although we have made two arrests, I am still eager to hear from anyone who was on Well Street or in the surrounding area at the time of the murder.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant, may provide vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.”
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary found Abdul, who lived in Plaistow, died as a result of a gunshot wound to his chest.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Letter: Targeted response in London to Indian Covid variant
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 5 'Concern over reliability of cladding and fire safety assessments'
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 8 Lewis Hamilton-backed vegan burger joint to open in Stratford
- 9 West Ham boss Moyes not giving up on European dream despite Brighton draw
- 10 Newham to roll out greener fleet as part of £20m plans