Maryland murder: Two men arrested after fatal shooting of Abdul Mayanja
- Credit: GoFundMe
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a teenage RAF air cadet in Maryland, Newham.
Abdul Mayanja, 19, died in hospital after being shot near to the train station in Well Street at 10.40pm on Friday, August 25.
Officers arrested two men, aged 22 and 23, in the early hours of Sunday morning and took them into custody at an east London police station.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “Although we have made two arrests, I am still eager to hear from anyone who was on Well Street or in the surrounding area at the time of the murder.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant, may provide vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.”
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary found Abdul, who lived in Plaistow, died as a result of a gunshot wound to his chest.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 2 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium