Maryland murder: Two men arrested after fatal shooting of Abdul Mayanja
- Credit: GoFundMe
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a teenage RAF air cadet in Maryland, Newham.
Abdul Mayanja, 19, died in hospital after being shot near to the train station in Well Street at 10.40pm on Friday, August 25.
Officers arrested two men, aged 22 and 23, in the early hours of Sunday morning and took them into custody at an east London police station.
Det Insp Paul Considine, who is leading the investigation, said: “Although we have made two arrests, I am still eager to hear from anyone who was on Well Street or in the surrounding area at the time of the murder.
“Any information, no matter how insignificant, may provide vital in helping us confirm what happened that night.”
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary found Abdul, who lived in Plaistow, died as a result of a gunshot wound to his chest.
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East Ham barber disappointed by Covid-19 lockdown easing roadmap
- 2 Police investigate burglary and injury at 'cannabis' house
- 3 Front-runners for Leyton Orient vacancy after Ross Embleton departure
- 4 Traffic cameras installed to catch Newham drivers who ignore road signs
- 5 Eight-year-old girl from Canning Town publishes book to help children with grief
- 6 Foodbank offering lifeline to foreign students left destitute by pandemic
- 7 Man arrested after car smashes into house in Maryland
- 8 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 9 Guilty: Men from Forest Gate and East Ham who raped two women during brothel robbery
- 10 Person found dead on tracks at Plaistow Underground station