Jailed: Thug who attacked woman in violent cashpoint mugging
- Credit: Archant
A thug who violently attacked a woman who was withdrawing cash from a machine has been jailed.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Dwayer Jude, of Stratford, attacked her victim outside a post office in Leytonstone Road, Maryland, at about 3pm on November 28 last year.
Jude was caught on CCTV pretending to queue for the cashpoint before punching and slapping her victim. She stole a bank card and £200 in cash.
The 28-year-old was sentenced on Friday to two years and nine months in jail, having previously pleaded guilty to robbery and handling stolen goods in relation to a separate incident.
Maxine Cole from the Crown Prosecution Service said: “This was a brazen robbery in broad daylight that left the victim very shaken. She has since stated she feels in constant fear of anyone walking behind her.
You may also want to watch:
“The prosecution case was made all the more stronger after social media clips of the incident circulated at the time meant members of the public were able to come forward and identify Jude.
“This left her with little choice but to plead guilty.”
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections