Jailed: Thug who attacked woman in violent cashpoint mugging
- Credit: Archant
A thug who violently attacked a woman who was withdrawing cash from a machine has been jailed.
Snaresbrook Crown Court heard how Dwayer Jude, of Stratford, attacked her victim outside a post office in Leytonstone Road, Maryland, at about 3pm on November 28 last year.
Jude was caught on CCTV pretending to queue for the cashpoint before punching and slapping her victim. She stole a bank card and £200 in cash.
The 28-year-old was sentenced on Friday to two years and nine months in jail, having previously pleaded guilty to robbery and handling stolen goods in relation to a separate incident.
Maxine Cole from the Crown Prosecution Service said: “This was a brazen robbery in broad daylight that left the victim very shaken. She has since stated she feels in constant fear of anyone walking behind her.
You may also want to watch:
“The prosecution case was made all the more stronger after social media clips of the incident circulated at the time meant members of the public were able to come forward and identify Jude.
“This left her with little choice but to plead guilty.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 10 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money