Manor Park stabbing victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man stabbed to death in Newham has been officially named.
Police said Dimitar Petrov had been killed after an attack in Manor Park on Sunday afternoon.
Officers found the 29-year-old suffering stab wounds in Sherrard Road and gave him first aid until paramedics arrived.
Despite the best efforts of ambulance and air ambulance crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Although a formal identification awaits, his next of kin have been traced.
You may also want to watch:
Today Emil Asparuhov Hristov, 39, of Sherrard Road, appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Petrov’s murder.
Hristov arrived at an east London police station with wounds to his leg around the time the police were alerted of Petrov’s injuries.
- 1 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 2 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 3 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 4 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 5 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 6 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 7 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 8 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 9 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
He has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance, a plea hearing on Thursday, 9 November.
A provisional trial date is set for February 12 next year.