Manor Park stabbing victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man stabbed to death in Newham has been officially named.
Police said Dimitar Petrov had been killed after an attack in Manor Park on Sunday afternoon.
Officers found the 29-year-old suffering stab wounds in Sherrard Road and gave him first aid until paramedics arrived.
Despite the best efforts of ambulance and air ambulance crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Although a formal identification awaits, his next of kin have been traced.
You may also want to watch:
Today Emil Asparuhov Hristov, 39, of Sherrard Road, appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Petrov’s murder.
Hristov arrived at an east London police station with wounds to his leg around the time the police were alerted of Petrov’s injuries.
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
He has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance, a plea hearing on Thursday, 9 November.
A provisional trial date is set for February 12 next year.