Manor Park stabbing victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man stabbed to death in Newham has been officially named.
Police said Dimitar Petrov had been killed after an attack in Manor Park on Sunday afternoon.
Officers found the 29-year-old suffering stab wounds in Sherrard Road and gave him first aid until paramedics arrived.
Despite the best efforts of ambulance and air ambulance crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Although a formal identification awaits, his next of kin have been traced.
You may also want to watch:
Today Emil Asparuhov Hristov, 39, of Sherrard Road, appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Petrov’s murder.
Hristov arrived at an east London police station with wounds to his leg around the time the police were alerted of Petrov’s injuries.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
He has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance, a plea hearing on Thursday, 9 November.
A provisional trial date is set for February 12 next year.