Manor Park stabbing victim named by police
- Credit: Archant
A man stabbed to death in Newham has been officially named.
Police said Dimitar Petrov had been killed after an attack in Manor Park on Sunday afternoon.
Officers found the 29-year-old suffering stab wounds in Sherrard Road and gave him first aid until paramedics arrived.
Despite the best efforts of ambulance and air ambulance crews, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Although a formal identification awaits, his next of kin have been traced.
You may also want to watch:
Today Emil Asparuhov Hristov, 39, of Sherrard Road, appeared at the Old Bailey charged with Petrov’s murder.
Hristov arrived at an east London police station with wounds to his leg around the time the police were alerted of Petrov’s injuries.
- 1 WATCH: Footage emerges of Beckton Alps ski slope
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 'We haven't waited to act': Newham primary schools extend days to help pupils catch up after pandemic
- 4 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 Views sought on future of Newham as local plan set for refresh
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
He has been remanded in custody until his next court appearance, a plea hearing on Thursday, 9 November.
A provisional trial date is set for February 12 next year.