Manor Park secondary school students excluded after weapons found
Five pupils at Little Ilford School in Manor Park have been excluded after screwdrivers were found on the premises, it has emerged.
The weapons were found dumped in the school grounds in Browning Road on March 12 after fellow students informed the headteacher.
The incident was reported to the police and the secondary school launched an internal investigation.
The pupils were later expelled.
A spokesman for Newham Council said: “Little Ilford School has a strong school culture, one where pupils feel comfortable and are encouraged to report incidents to staff.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, the school also has a zero tolerance approach to antisocial behaviour which includes taking action to protect the learning of its pupils and to ensure that all members of the school community work in a safe environment.”
- 1 Steven Fry: Canning Town man to face court charged with murder
- 2 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 US fried chicken chain Popeyes to open first UK outlet in Stratford
- 5 Newham town halls to be lit up in tribute to Sabina Nessa
- 6 First apartments to go on sale at 769-home development in Royal Docks
- 7 New primary school in Stratford welcomes first reception class
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation