Manor Park secondary school students excluded after weapons found
Five pupils at Little Ilford School in Manor Park have been excluded after screwdrivers were found on the premises, it has emerged.
The weapons were found dumped in the school grounds in Browning Road on March 12 after fellow students informed the headteacher.
The incident was reported to the police and the secondary school launched an internal investigation.
The pupils were later expelled.
A spokesman for Newham Council said: “Little Ilford School has a strong school culture, one where pupils feel comfortable and are encouraged to report incidents to staff.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, the school also has a zero tolerance approach to antisocial behaviour which includes taking action to protect the learning of its pupils and to ensure that all members of the school community work in a safe environment.”
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 7 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 8 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues