Manor Park secondary school students excluded after weapons found
Five pupils at Little Ilford School in Manor Park have been excluded after screwdrivers were found on the premises, it has emerged.
The weapons were found dumped in the school grounds in Browning Road on March 12 after fellow students informed the headteacher.
The incident was reported to the police and the secondary school launched an internal investigation.
The pupils were later expelled.
A spokesman for Newham Council said: “Little Ilford School has a strong school culture, one where pupils feel comfortable and are encouraged to report incidents to staff.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition, the school also has a zero tolerance approach to antisocial behaviour which includes taking action to protect the learning of its pupils and to ensure that all members of the school community work in a safe environment.”
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 7 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?