Manor Park murder victim named
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of a man in a Manor Park cemetery have released his identity.
Peter Charles John, 54, was found unconscious with a neck injury in the City of London Cemetery just after 2pm on Wednesday.
Mr John, of East Acton Lane, Ealing, died later that day in hospital after being taken there by air ambulance.
Police have opened an incident room but are currently keeping an open mind as to the motive.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 5 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 6 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 9 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy