Manor Park crime blitz results in illegal driving arrest
Another arrest has been made during Operation Ohio, a crime crackdown in Manor Park started today by Newham Council and police.
A male was arrested for driving while disqualified, adding to another arrest this morning made in conjunction with the UK Border Agency relating to visa irregularities.
The two-day total enforcement initiative, which began at 7am, involves members of the Council’s enforcement team in partnership with Section 92 officers from the Metropolitan Police teaming up for a zero tolerance approach to crime and anti-social behaviour using police vehicles and Council CCTV vans.
Waste in front gardens has been heavily targeted with 244 notices given out so far in the designated area in Manor Park while five Trading Standards notices have been issued to commercial premises.
Three vehicles have been seized for no insurance, two have been clamped and are due to be removed, and two referrals have been made for council tax.
You may also want to watch:
A house of multiple occupancy has been identified and targeted for court action while one warning and report for begging has also been issued.
This is the second outing for Operation Ohio which focused on one square mile around Freemasons Road, Canning Town, last month.
- 1 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 2 Jailed: 'Violent' Beckton man who threatened to chop off ex-partner's head
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Next court date for drink driving accused after Beckton collision
- 7 'It's about safety': Manor Park neighbours urge council to crack down on pavement parking
- 8 Moyes: It was a good, tough test for West Ham at Brentford
- 9 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 10 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections