Manor Park crime blitz results in illegal driving arrest
Another arrest has been made during Operation Ohio, a crime crackdown in Manor Park started today by Newham Council and police.
A male was arrested for driving while disqualified, adding to another arrest this morning made in conjunction with the UK Border Agency relating to visa irregularities.
The two-day total enforcement initiative, which began at 7am, involves members of the Council’s enforcement team in partnership with Section 92 officers from the Metropolitan Police teaming up for a zero tolerance approach to crime and anti-social behaviour using police vehicles and Council CCTV vans.
Waste in front gardens has been heavily targeted with 244 notices given out so far in the designated area in Manor Park while five Trading Standards notices have been issued to commercial premises.
Three vehicles have been seized for no insurance, two have been clamped and are due to be removed, and two referrals have been made for council tax.
You may also want to watch:
A house of multiple occupancy has been identified and targeted for court action while one warning and report for begging has also been issued.
This is the second outing for Operation Ohio which focused on one square mile around Freemasons Road, Canning Town, last month.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 West Ham boss Moyes believes they have plenty more to come after Palace victory
- 8 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 9 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 10 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek