Manor Park baby murder trial: Jury retires to consider verdicts
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A jury has retired to consider verdicts in the trial of a couple accused of killing their baby daughter then covering it up by staging her death on a bus.
Jeffrey Wiltshire, 52, and Rosalin Baker, 25, are on trial at the Old Bailey over the death of three-month-old Imani on September 28 last year.
The pair, of Morris Avenue, Manor Park, deny murder and causing or allowing Imani’s death.
During the trial, Baker blamed her abusive boyfriend and said Wiltshire tried to “frame” her by forcing her onto the 25 bus with their dead child in a sling.
But Wiltshire has denied harming his daughter, who was born prematurely and put on the child protection register.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC sent the jury out to consider verdicts just before 11am.
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Our planet is in a terrible place
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 6 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 9 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 10 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton