Manor Park baby murder trial: Jury retires to consider verdicts
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A jury has retired to consider verdicts in the trial of a couple accused of killing their baby daughter then covering it up by staging her death on a bus.
Jeffrey Wiltshire, 52, and Rosalin Baker, 25, are on trial at the Old Bailey over the death of three-month-old Imani on September 28 last year.
The pair, of Morris Avenue, Manor Park, deny murder and causing or allowing Imani’s death.
During the trial, Baker blamed her abusive boyfriend and said Wiltshire tried to “frame” her by forcing her onto the 25 bus with their dead child in a sling.
But Wiltshire has denied harming his daughter, who was born prematurely and put on the child protection register.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC sent the jury out to consider verdicts just before 11am.
- 1 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
- 6 West Ham Academy legend receives honorary doctorate from UEL
- 7 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 8 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Three men arrested after Upton Park fatal shooting
- 10 Silvertown man jailed after police seize drugs with street value of £750k