Manor Park baby murder trial: Jury retires to consider verdicts
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A jury has retired to consider verdicts in the trial of a couple accused of killing their baby daughter then covering it up by staging her death on a bus.
Jeffrey Wiltshire, 52, and Rosalin Baker, 25, are on trial at the Old Bailey over the death of three-month-old Imani on September 28 last year.
The pair, of Morris Avenue, Manor Park, deny murder and causing or allowing Imani’s death.
During the trial, Baker blamed her abusive boyfriend and said Wiltshire tried to “frame” her by forcing her onto the 25 bus with their dead child in a sling.
But Wiltshire has denied harming his daughter, who was born prematurely and put on the child protection register.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC sent the jury out to consider verdicts just before 11am.
- 1 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 2 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 3 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 4 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 5 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 6 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 7 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing