Man who stole booze from Stratford pizza restaurant jailed and banned from town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man who stole booze from a pizza restaurant has been jailed for 14 weeks and banned from Stratford town centre.
Patrick Malone, of no fixed abode, – along with two other men still unknown – broke into the eatery in Theatre Square, Stratford, on April 11.
Officers used CCTV to identify Malone charging him with burglary after his arrest in May.
The 43-year-old pleaded guilty when he appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 1. He was sentenced to 14 weeks for burglary. In the hearing, Malone showed no regret for his actions or the suffering he caused, police said.
The judge found Malone acted in an anti-social manner and banned him from Stratford town centre and Westfield shopping centre. He was banned from carrying alcohol in public, also to run for three years.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sup Zena Marshal said: “Crime and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on the victims and our community.
“We will use all available legal measures to tackle both in our commitment, together with our partners, to prosecute offenders and make Newham a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 2 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 6 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 7 Labour Party investigates second Newham councillor over antisemitism
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 10 Newham housing association offers homes to Hackney Council with £10m price tag