Man who stole booze from Stratford pizza restaurant jailed and banned from town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man who stole booze from a pizza restaurant has been jailed for 14 weeks and banned from Stratford town centre.
Patrick Malone, of no fixed abode, – along with two other men still unknown – broke into the eatery in Theatre Square, Stratford, on April 11.
Officers used CCTV to identify Malone charging him with burglary after his arrest in May.
The 43-year-old pleaded guilty when he appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 1. He was sentenced to 14 weeks for burglary. In the hearing, Malone showed no regret for his actions or the suffering he caused, police said.
The judge found Malone acted in an anti-social manner and banned him from Stratford town centre and Westfield shopping centre. He was banned from carrying alcohol in public, also to run for three years.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sup Zena Marshal said: “Crime and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on the victims and our community.
“We will use all available legal measures to tackle both in our commitment, together with our partners, to prosecute offenders and make Newham a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 3 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 7 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Women's FA Cup: West Ham 11 Chichester & Selsey 0
- 10 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing