Man who stole booze from Stratford pizza restaurant jailed and banned from town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man who stole booze from a pizza restaurant has been jailed for 14 weeks and banned from Stratford town centre.
Patrick Malone, of no fixed abode, – along with two other men still unknown – broke into the eatery in Theatre Square, Stratford, on April 11.
Officers used CCTV to identify Malone charging him with burglary after his arrest in May.
The 43-year-old pleaded guilty when he appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 1. He was sentenced to 14 weeks for burglary. In the hearing, Malone showed no regret for his actions or the suffering he caused, police said.
The judge found Malone acted in an anti-social manner and banned him from Stratford town centre and Westfield shopping centre. He was banned from carrying alcohol in public, also to run for three years.
Det Sup Zena Marshal said: “Crime and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on the victims and our community.
“We will use all available legal measures to tackle both in our commitment, together with our partners, to prosecute offenders and make Newham a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 6 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 7 We need to put the ball in the net says Rice after West Ham defeat at City
- 8 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women