Man who stole booze from Stratford pizza restaurant jailed and banned from town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man who stole booze from a pizza restaurant has been jailed for 14 weeks and banned from Stratford town centre.
Patrick Malone, of no fixed abode, – along with two other men still unknown – broke into the eatery in Theatre Square, Stratford, on April 11.
Officers used CCTV to identify Malone charging him with burglary after his arrest in May.
The 43-year-old pleaded guilty when he appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court on June 1. He was sentenced to 14 weeks for burglary. In the hearing, Malone showed no regret for his actions or the suffering he caused, police said.
The judge found Malone acted in an anti-social manner and banned him from Stratford town centre and Westfield shopping centre. He was banned from carrying alcohol in public, also to run for three years.
You may also want to watch:
Det Sup Zena Marshal said: “Crime and anti-social behaviour have profound effects on the victims and our community.
“We will use all available legal measures to tackle both in our commitment, together with our partners, to prosecute offenders and make Newham a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 2 Man, 19, arrested in Newham during proactive police patrol
- 3 Junior Jah: Police release image of stolen car used in Custom House fatal attack
- 4 Bus crashes into lamp post in Stratford
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered by firefighters tackling blaze in Upton Park
- 6 East Ham cannabis farm raided by police
- 7 Start Me Up: Rolling Stones legend Ronnie Wood opens studio in Canning Town for budding musicians
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Excess death rates in Newham among highest in England and Wales, figures show
- 10 'Beautiful' meadow blossoms at Wanstead Flats a year after Covid-19 mortuary removed