Man to stand trial over Plaistow pub brawl murder
- Credit: Archant
A man was today remanded in custody to stand trial for the murder of 29-year-old Edward Stokes, who died following an alleged pub brawl.
George Forde, 22, of Barclay Road, Plaistow, will appear at the Old Bailey on a murder charge and three counts of grievous bodily harm with intent for a preliminary hearing on June 14. A trial date has been set for August 15.
The charges relate to an alleged fight at the Army and Navy pub in New Barn Street, Plaistow, on Saturday March 19 where three people were also treated for stab wounds.
Ten people who were previously arrested in connection with the incident have been bailed until next month.
Det Ch Insp Cliff Lyons said: “While we have charged a man with Edward’s murder we are still appealing for witnesses as this was a large scale fight in a pub – we shall not rest until we have identified all those that were involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4961 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Roof destroyed by fire in Upton Park
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 9 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead