Man to stand trial over Plaistow pub brawl murder
- Credit: Archant
A man was today remanded in custody to stand trial for the murder of 29-year-old Edward Stokes, who died following an alleged pub brawl.
George Forde, 22, of Barclay Road, Plaistow, will appear at the Old Bailey on a murder charge and three counts of grievous bodily harm with intent for a preliminary hearing on June 14. A trial date has been set for August 15.
The charges relate to an alleged fight at the Army and Navy pub in New Barn Street, Plaistow, on Saturday March 19 where three people were also treated for stab wounds.
Ten people who were previously arrested in connection with the incident have been bailed until next month.
Det Ch Insp Cliff Lyons said: “While we have charged a man with Edward’s murder we are still appealing for witnesses as this was a large scale fight in a pub – we shall not rest until we have identified all those that were involved.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4961 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Call for 'zero tolerance' crackdown on Newham gangs
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA, by-election and referendum
- 3 Woman arrested in Custom House fatal stabbing and shooting investigation
- 4 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 5 Man hit by car in alleged Canning Town 'fight' dies from injuries
- 6 Fly-tippers dump loft insulation, building waste and sink on Wanstead Flats
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Teenagers killed in London in 2021 so far nears 2020 total
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Elections: London mayor and Assembly member, East Ham cllr and referendum