Woman stabbed in Canning Town and suspect Tasered by police
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Canning Town.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midday and found a man in his 20s with stab wounds.
She was taken to an east London hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Unconfirmed reports claim that the victim was an employee at the Jobcentre.
Police were able to find the man suspected of carrying out the stabbing nearby, with a Taser used in order to arrest him. He did not require medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, aged 34, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
He has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 4 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 10 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
Canning Town Jobcentre is closed this afternoon following the incident.