Woman stabbed in Canning Town and suspect Tasered by police
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Canning Town.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midday and found a man in his 20s with stab wounds.
She was taken to an east London hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Unconfirmed reports claim that the victim was an employee at the Jobcentre.
Police were able to find the man suspected of carrying out the stabbing nearby, with a Taser used in order to arrest him. He did not require medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, aged 34, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
He has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 New partnership to provide scholarships for Newham law students
- 6 West Ham boss Moyes wants his side to show they can compete with the big boys
- 7 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 8 East Ham MP urges government to keep £20 boost to universal credit
- 9 David Moyes does not want to be hammered for another striking mistake
- 10 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
Canning Town Jobcentre is closed this afternoon following the incident.