Woman stabbed in Canning Town and suspect Tasered by police
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Canning Town.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midday and found a man in his 20s with stab wounds.
She was taken to an east London hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Unconfirmed reports claim that the victim was an employee at the Jobcentre.
Police were able to find the man suspected of carrying out the stabbing nearby, with a Taser used in order to arrest him. He did not require medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, aged 34, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
He has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 5 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 6 Housing campaigners to stage protest in Canning Town over empty homes
- 7 Body found in search for missing Newham man
- 8 Newcastle's late Willock winner hits West Ham hopes
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Campaigners stage River Thames protest over Silvertown Tunnel
Canning Town Jobcentre is closed this afternoon following the incident.