Woman stabbed in Canning Town and suspect Tasered by police
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Canning Town.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midday and found a man in his 20s with stab wounds.
She was taken to an east London hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Unconfirmed reports claim that the victim was an employee at the Jobcentre.
Police were able to find the man suspected of carrying out the stabbing nearby, with a Taser used in order to arrest him. He did not require medical treatment.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect, aged 34, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
He has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 Can you help find man missing from Royal Docks?
- 4 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
- 5 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Boy, 16, found stabbed in Custom House
- 10 Man suffers 'life-changing' injuries in Plaistow bicycle crash
Canning Town Jobcentre is closed this afternoon following the incident.