Woman stabbed in Canning Town and suspect Tasered by police
- Credit: Ken Mears
A woman has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in Canning Town.
Police, the London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance were called to Freemasons Road shortly after midday and found a man in his 20s with stab wounds.
She was taken to an east London hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Unconfirmed reports claim that the victim was an employee at the Jobcentre.
Police were able to find the man suspected of carrying out the stabbing nearby, with a Taser used in order to arrest him. He did not require medical treatment.
The suspect, aged 34, was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
He has been taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
- 1 School which has nine-hour days praised as 'outstanding'
- 2 Men jailed after violent beating with steering wheel lock caught on dashcam
- 3 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 4 Remembering speedway at West Ham Stadium 50 years on
- 5 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 6 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 10 'Immensely gratifying': Newham college celebrates upping Ofsted grade
Canning Town Jobcentre is closed this afternoon following the incident.