Man suffers head injury following Forest Gate assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital with a head injury after being assaulted in Forest Gate over the weekend.
Emergency services were called to Forest Lane at about 8.30pm on Saturday, to reports of a man, believed to be in his 30s, suffering with a head injury.
Officers believe the victim was attacked by another man who made off before they arrived.
Bishnu Jaire, owner of Aroma’s Restaurant, was working when the incident took place outside the eatery.
He said: “I heard the guy was badly hurt. Apparently he has had life-changing injuries. All I heard was that there was a group of guys who were drinking and then they started arguing.
You may also want to watch:
“Apparently the victim was bitten quite badly. I hope he is okay.”
The injuries are not life-threatening and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 2 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 3 Newham foster carers on 'most rewarding and uplifting experience'
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Call The Midwife stars meet Bonny Downs staff and families
- 7 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 8 Hammers 'will keep fighting' says Fornals ahead of derby date
- 9 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 10 WSL: West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.