Man suffers head injury following Forest Gate assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital with a head injury after being assaulted in Forest Gate over the weekend.
Emergency services were called to Forest Lane at about 8.30pm on Saturday, to reports of a man, believed to be in his 30s, suffering with a head injury.
Officers believe the victim was attacked by another man who made off before they arrived.
Bishnu Jaire, owner of Aroma’s Restaurant, was working when the incident took place outside the eatery.
He said: “I heard the guy was badly hurt. Apparently he has had life-changing injuries. All I heard was that there was a group of guys who were drinking and then they started arguing.
You may also want to watch:
“Apparently the victim was bitten quite badly. I hope he is okay.”
The injuries are not life-threatening and no arrests have been made.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 7 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.