Man suffers head injury following Forest Gate assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital with a head injury after being assaulted in Forest Gate over the weekend.
Emergency services were called to Forest Lane at about 8.30pm on Saturday, to reports of a man, believed to be in his 30s, suffering with a head injury.
Officers believe the victim was attacked by another man who made off before they arrived.
Bishnu Jaire, owner of Aroma’s Restaurant, was working when the incident took place outside the eatery.
He said: “I heard the guy was badly hurt. Apparently he has had life-changing injuries. All I heard was that there was a group of guys who were drinking and then they started arguing.
You may also want to watch:
“Apparently the victim was bitten quite badly. I hope he is okay.”
The injuries are not life-threatening and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 2 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 3 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 4 Fan's column: West Ham are in the mix to battle it out with the big boys
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 NHS Nightingale London's jabs hub opens as Covid-19 vaccinations ramp up
- 7 Mayor vows to continue Newham free school meals scheme
- 8 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.