Man suffers head injury following Forest Gate assault
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital with a head injury after being assaulted in Forest Gate over the weekend.
Emergency services were called to Forest Lane at about 8.30pm on Saturday, to reports of a man, believed to be in his 30s, suffering with a head injury.
Officers believe the victim was attacked by another man who made off before they arrived.
Bishnu Jaire, owner of Aroma’s Restaurant, was working when the incident took place outside the eatery.
He said: “I heard the guy was badly hurt. Apparently he has had life-changing injuries. All I heard was that there was a group of guys who were drinking and then they started arguing.
You may also want to watch:
“Apparently the victim was bitten quite badly. I hope he is okay.”
The injuries are not life-threatening and no arrests have been made.
- 1 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 2 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 3 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 4 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 5 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 8 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Stevenage and Leyton Orient still searching for a victory after stalemate at the Lamex
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101.