Man stabbed in Canning Town acid attack
A police investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in a suspected acid attack in Canning Town.
The victim, who is in his mid 20s, was knifed in the arm and had a ‘noxious substance’ thrown at him on Barking Road, at around 12.30pm on Friday.
He was rushed to hospital where he is in a stable condition.
His injuries are not believed to be lie-threatening.
The suspect led towards Canning Town train station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or who witnesses the attack should call Newham Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 3 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 4 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 5 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 6 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Meet the Forest Gate pastor supporting athletes at Tokyo Olympics 2020
- 9 Kitchens from independent chefs coming to Beckton in Raymond Blanc-supported project
- 10 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted