Man stabbed in Canning Town acid attack
A police investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in a suspected acid attack in Canning Town.
The victim, who is in his mid 20s, was knifed in the arm and had a ‘noxious substance’ thrown at him on Barking Road, at around 12.30pm on Friday.
He was rushed to hospital where he is in a stable condition.
His injuries are not believed to be lie-threatening.
The suspect led towards Canning Town train station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or who witnesses the attack should call Newham Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Worshippers at mosque in Upton Park aim to raise £35k for Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal 2021
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 7 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Tom Hiddleston to appear as MCM Comic Con returns to ExCeL London in Royal Docks
- 10 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley