Man stabbed in Canning Town acid attack
A police investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed in a suspected acid attack in Canning Town.
The victim, who is in his mid 20s, was knifed in the arm and had a ‘noxious substance’ thrown at him on Barking Road, at around 12.30pm on Friday.
He was rushed to hospital where he is in a stable condition.
His injuries are not believed to be lie-threatening.
The suspect led towards Canning Town train station.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or who witnesses the attack should call Newham Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 3 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 4 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 5 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 6 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test