Man dies after being stabbed in East Ham residential street
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in a residential road in East Ham, Newham, earlier tonight.
Police were called to White Horse Road, at the junction of Gresham Road, to reports of a stabbing at about 8.10pm.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate the man, who is yet to be formally identified but is believed to be in his mid-30s, but he died at the scene.
Shocked residents stood by watching as the road was cordoned off at both ends.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said the Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 The Boleyn Tavern in East Ham to welcome back punters after £1.5m restoration
- 2 11 films and TV shows shot in Newham
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Exploding aerosol cans 'contributed to rapid spread' of Silvertown blaze
- 5 Average house price in Newham slides again after record February
- 6 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Plaistow woman shaves her head for charities
- 9 Richard House Children's Hospice sensory garden equipment stolen
- 10 Chief nurse of England praises Newham specialist school nurses
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.