Man dies after being stabbed in East Ham residential street
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in a residential road in East Ham, Newham, earlier tonight.
Police were called to White Horse Road, at the junction of Gresham Road, to reports of a stabbing at about 8.10pm.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate the man, who is yet to be formally identified but is believed to be in his mid-30s, but he died at the scene.
Shocked residents stood by watching as the road was cordoned off at both ends.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said the Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Hospitality Day 2021: Newham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 2 Plans to ease congestion at Stratford station receive £2m boost
- 3 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 4 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 5 Watch the moment 'stolen' car drives into vehicles in East Ham
- 6 Kacem Mokrane: Newham man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 7 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 8 Steven Fry stabbing: Custom House victim named in murder investigation
- 9 Jailed: 'Sadistically cruel' East Ham man who raped, assaulted victim
- 10 Machetes, zombie and lock knives: Five plead guilty after police seize 128 weapons in Plaistow
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.