Man dies after being stabbed in East Ham residential street
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after being stabbed in a residential road in East Ham, Newham, earlier tonight.
Police were called to White Horse Road, at the junction of Gresham Road, to reports of a stabbing at about 8.10pm.
Paramedics tried to resuscitate the man, who is yet to be formally identified but is believed to be in his mid-30s, but he died at the scene.
Shocked residents stood by watching as the road was cordoned off at both ends.
Next of kin have been informed and a post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said the Homicide and Major Crime Command has been informed.
There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.
- 1 Jailed: Drug dealer who crashed into cab leaving passengers critically injured
- 2 'Severe maladministration' by Newham Council in housing complaint handling
- 3 Man in hospital after fire at disused Forest Gate church
- 4 Detectives release images after robbery in East Ham
- 5 Jailed: Manor Park man guilty of drug offences, but not machete murder
- 6 £3m centre to reduce young adult reoffending to be set up in Stratford
- 7 Blades, £25k and Class A drugs seized by police after car stop in Plaistow
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff 'disappointed' to lose defender Adam Thompson
- 9 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 10 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff feels he knows already what makes the squad tick
Anyone with information is asked to contact police via 101.