Women arrested after man stabbed in Canning Town
- Credit: Google Maps
Two women have been arrested after a man was stabbed near a takeaway in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to the McDonald’s branch in Barking Road, Canning Town, at 1.19am following reports of a stabbing which took place near the fast food restaurant.
A 35-year-old man was found injured and taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Two women, aged 36 and 32, were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and taken to a police station where they remain in custody.
A crime scene is currently in place in nearby Beckton Road, where it is believed events leading up to the stabbing took place, and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “A member of the public, who was injured as the result of an incident which did not take place in our restaurant, came into our Canning Town store in the early hours of this morning and was offered assistance while the emergency services were called.”
- 1 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 2 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme