Women arrested after man stabbed in Canning Town
- Credit: Google Maps
Two women have been arrested after a man was stabbed near a takeaway in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to the McDonald’s branch in Barking Road, Canning Town, at 1.19am following reports of a stabbing which took place near the fast food restaurant.
A 35-year-old man was found injured and taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Two women, aged 36 and 32, were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and taken to a police station where they remain in custody.
A crime scene is currently in place in nearby Beckton Road, where it is believed events leading up to the stabbing took place, and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “A member of the public, who was injured as the result of an incident which did not take place in our restaurant, came into our Canning Town store in the early hours of this morning and was offered assistance while the emergency services were called.”
- 1 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 2 Council rents offices to ambulance service to save money
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 5 Tributes to Newham cop who died after positive Covid-19 test
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 What a load of old rubbish: Fly-tippers keep charity staff out of building
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR