Women arrested after man stabbed in Canning Town
- Credit: Google Maps
Two women have been arrested after a man was stabbed near a takeaway in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to the McDonald’s branch in Barking Road, Canning Town, at 1.19am following reports of a stabbing which took place near the fast food restaurant.
A 35-year-old man was found injured and taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Two women, aged 36 and 32, were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and taken to a police station where they remain in custody.
A crime scene is currently in place in nearby Beckton Road, where it is believed events leading up to the stabbing took place, and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “A member of the public, who was injured as the result of an incident which did not take place in our restaurant, came into our Canning Town store in the early hours of this morning and was offered assistance while the emergency services were called.”
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Recognising the importance of crossing thresholds as lockdown eases