Women arrested after man stabbed in Canning Town
- Credit: Google Maps
Two women have been arrested after a man was stabbed near a takeaway in the early hours of this morning.
Police were called to the McDonald’s branch in Barking Road, Canning Town, at 1.19am following reports of a stabbing which took place near the fast food restaurant.
A 35-year-old man was found injured and taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Two women, aged 36 and 32, were arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and taken to a police station where they remain in custody.
A crime scene is currently in place in nearby Beckton Road, where it is believed events leading up to the stabbing took place, and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
A McDonald’s spokesman said: “A member of the public, who was injured as the result of an incident which did not take place in our restaurant, came into our Canning Town store in the early hours of this morning and was offered assistance while the emergency services were called.”
- 1 Forest Gate triple shooting: 'Safety is everybody's business,' councillor says
- 2 Cause of death remains unknown after body found in disused Forest Gate pub
- 3 Man given community order for 26 counts of criminal damage after scratching name into property
- 4 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 5 Jailed man caught with knife in Stratford to be handed court order
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Newham mathematician to fill in for Countdown presenter and expectant mum Rachel Riley
- 9 241-home development at Royal Albert Wharf marks 12-storey milestone
- 10 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber