Man stabbed in Plaistow fight
- Credit: Jon King
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in a fight in Plaistow.
Emergency services were called to Lettsom Walk, off Libra Road, shortly after 2.15pm today (Tuesday, July 2).
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with a stab wound.
He was treated at the scene by medics, including those from London's Air Ambulance, but was taken to hospital by road.
The victim's condition is not known and nobody has been arrested. The area surrounding the stabbing has been cordoned off.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness who didn't want to be named said: "We saw the air ambulance and a crowd of people. We think the person was stabbed in the neck. The police arrived very quickly."
A supermarket worker who asked not to be named added: "I'm not surprised. This is a bad place to be."
- 1 Newham to start weekly recycling collections
- 2 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
- 3 Town hall chiefs back £3m purchase of Plaistow property for rough sleeper centre
- 4 Ex-student who got MIT scholarship sets up tutor business to help others
- 5 'Council houses now': Protesters stage action over empty homes
- 6 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 7 Website helps disadvantaged youth understand job roles to raise aspirations
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Operose: Addressing 'understandable' concerns over GP takeover
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
A woman who lives nearby said: "It's worrying. There are lots of families here."
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 4504/Jul02 To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.