Man stabbed in Plaistow fight
- Credit: Jon King
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in a fight in Plaistow.
Emergency services were called to Lettsom Walk, off Libra Road, shortly after 2.15pm today (Tuesday, July 2).
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with a stab wound.
He was treated at the scene by medics, including those from London's Air Ambulance, but was taken to hospital by road.
The victim's condition is not known and nobody has been arrested. The area surrounding the stabbing has been cordoned off.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness who didn't want to be named said: "We saw the air ambulance and a crowd of people. We think the person was stabbed in the neck. The police arrived very quickly."
A supermarket worker who asked not to be named added: "I'm not surprised. This is a bad place to be."
- 1 Police release image after teenager stabbed in Forest Gate robbery
- 2 Stratford councillor who slammed Boris's bike ride cycles 30 mile round trip across London
- 3 Arrests after girl, 16, falls onto tracks at King George V DLR
- 4 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 5 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 6 Trust partnership helps free school meals pupils to eat healthy at home
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Jarrod Bowen hails West Ham as they dug deep to seal victory over West Brom
- 9 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
A woman who lives nearby said: "It's worrying. There are lots of families here."
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 4504/Jul02 To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.