Man stabbed in Plaistow fight
- Credit: Jon King
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in a fight in Plaistow.
Emergency services were called to Lettsom Walk, off Libra Road, shortly after 2.15pm today (Tuesday, July 2).
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with a stab wound.
He was treated at the scene by medics, including those from London's Air Ambulance, but was taken to hospital by road.
The victim's condition is not known and nobody has been arrested. The area surrounding the stabbing has been cordoned off.
An eyewitness who didn't want to be named said: "We saw the air ambulance and a crowd of people. We think the person was stabbed in the neck. The police arrived very quickly."
A supermarket worker who asked not to be named added: "I'm not surprised. This is a bad place to be."
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
A woman who lives nearby said: "It's worrying. There are lots of families here."
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 4504/Jul02 To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.