Man stabbed in Plaistow fight
- Credit: Jon King
A man has been taken to hospital after being stabbed in a fight in Plaistow.
Emergency services were called to Lettsom Walk, off Libra Road, shortly after 2.15pm today (Tuesday, July 2).
The man, believed to be in his 20s, was found with a stab wound.
He was treated at the scene by medics, including those from London's Air Ambulance, but was taken to hospital by road.
The victim's condition is not known and nobody has been arrested. The area surrounding the stabbing has been cordoned off.
You may also want to watch:
An eyewitness who didn't want to be named said: "We saw the air ambulance and a crowd of people. We think the person was stabbed in the neck. The police arrived very quickly."
A supermarket worker who asked not to be named added: "I'm not surprised. This is a bad place to be."
- 1 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 2 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 3 More than 20 places in Newham hit by flooding, council says
- 4 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 School's out!: Newham puts on jam-packed summer holiday activities programme
- 9 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 10 Canning town bus station reopens after falling glass injures man
A woman who lives nearby said: "It's worrying. There are lots of families here."
Anyone who saw what happened is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD 4504/Jul02 To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.