Man stabbed ahead of Tottenham vs West Ham match
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man was stabbed in the stomach just before yesterday’s Premier League showdown between Spurs and West Ham.
The 35-year-old victim, understood to be a West Ham fan, was attacked at around 3pm near the junction of White Hart Lane and Tottenham High Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives say they are “aware of reports” that a 14-year-old boy was also stabbed in the White Hart Lane area, but are only investigating the attack described above at this time as no-one has reported another incident to the police yet.
Scotland Yard said they are awaiting details “as to whether anyone has self-present at hospital with injuries consistent with being stabbed.”
Famous faces from both clubs have condemned the attack.
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
- 1 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 2 Fares Maatou was 'murdered with stolen sword', court hears
- 3 Manor Park blaze caused by the 'accidental ignition of textiles'
- 4 Moosakhan Nasiri: Man charged with Plashet Park murder
- 5 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 6 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 7 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 8 Woman injured after being hit by electric scooter in East Ham
- 9 Manor Park blaze: 100 firefighters get tower block fire under control
- 10 Drone images of Newham tower block blaze
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Haringey CID on 0203 276 3070 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.