Man stabbed ahead of Tottenham vs West Ham match
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man was stabbed in the stomach just before yesterday’s Premier League showdown between Spurs and West Ham.
The 35-year-old victim, understood to be a West Ham fan, was attacked at around 3pm near the junction of White Hart Lane and Tottenham High Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives say they are “aware of reports” that a 14-year-old boy was also stabbed in the White Hart Lane area, but are only investigating the attack described above at this time as no-one has reported another incident to the police yet.
Scotland Yard said they are awaiting details “as to whether anyone has self-present at hospital with injuries consistent with being stabbed.”
You may also want to watch:
Famous faces from both clubs have condemned the attack.
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 5 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Haringey CID on 0203 276 3070 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.