Man stabbed ahead of Tottenham vs West Ham match
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man was stabbed in the stomach just before yesterday’s Premier League showdown between Spurs and West Ham.
The 35-year-old victim, understood to be a West Ham fan, was attacked at around 3pm near the junction of White Hart Lane and Tottenham High Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives say they are “aware of reports” that a 14-year-old boy was also stabbed in the White Hart Lane area, but are only investigating the attack described above at this time as no-one has reported another incident to the police yet.
Scotland Yard said they are awaiting details “as to whether anyone has self-present at hospital with injuries consistent with being stabbed.”
You may also want to watch:
Famous faces from both clubs have condemned the attack.
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 4 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 8 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 9 NHS 'concerned' about Covid vaccine uptake in Newham
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Haringey CID on 0203 276 3070 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.