Man stabbed ahead of Tottenham vs West Ham match
- Credit: PA WIRE
A man was stabbed in the stomach just before yesterday’s Premier League showdown between Spurs and West Ham.
The 35-year-old victim, understood to be a West Ham fan, was attacked at around 3pm near the junction of White Hart Lane and Tottenham High Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
Detectives say they are “aware of reports” that a 14-year-old boy was also stabbed in the White Hart Lane area, but are only investigating the attack described above at this time as no-one has reported another incident to the police yet.
Scotland Yard said they are awaiting details “as to whether anyone has self-present at hospital with injuries consistent with being stabbed.”
You may also want to watch:
Famous faces from both clubs have condemned the attack.
No arrests have been made and enquires continue.
- 1 Police officer to appear in court after death of man in East Ham
- 2 Clapton Community FC members demand 'Justice for Sami' outside Forest Gate Police Station
- 3 Second jabs hub opening at Westfield as ExCeL London vaccination centre soon to close
- 4 Stratford School Academy pupil helps launch fund in memory of Prince Philip
- 5 College teacher: Students and teachers 'lose trust' over government's Covid response
- 6 Pupils send 'awe-inspiring' accounts of pandemic into the future with time capsule
- 7 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 8 Feminism, corner shops and bricks: Here's what's happening in Newham Heritage Month
- 9 Police officer jailed for GBH after injuring man in Forest Gate
- 10 Anonymous tip off could hold key to murder of Sami Sidhom three years later
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Haringey CID on 0203 276 3070 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.