Man stabbed after fight in Manor Park
A man was stabbed during a fight involving groups of youths in Manor Park.
On arrival at the scene in Church Road, police discovered a 20-year-old man with a stab wound close to Little Ilford School at around 5.50pm on March 11.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where the injury was later described as non-life threatening.
Witnesses said the area close to the road’s junction with Harcourt Avenue was cordoned off while officers conducted their operation.
The Metropolitan Police helicopter was also scrambled into action.
One man, whose daughter attends the nearby Little Ilford School, said the area was cordoned off during the police operation.
He said: “There were eight or nine police cars and hundreds of people just standing around and watching.
- 1 Stratford roof-terrace restaurant destroyed by late-night fire
- 2 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged and approved in Newham
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Moyes gives warning after West Ham miss out on Europa League
- 6 Man charged with fatal stabbing of woman in Custom House
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Newham
- 8 Man dies after falling unwell in Stratford
- 9 Man held in murder probe after woman fatally stabbed in Custom House
- 10 'Unexplained': Man dies after being found unresponsive in Plashet Park
“My daughter told me there were kids talking about it the next day and going around saying ‘someone got shanked, someone got shanked’”
Nobody has been arrested in connection with the attack. Police have described the suspects as Asian males aged between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information should contact 0207 275 5711 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.