Man stabbed after fight in Manor Park
A man was stabbed during a fight involving groups of youths in Manor Park.
On arrival at the scene in Church Road, police discovered a 20-year-old man with a stab wound close to Little Ilford School at around 5.50pm on March 11.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where the injury was later described as non-life threatening.
Witnesses said the area close to the road’s junction with Harcourt Avenue was cordoned off while officers conducted their operation.
The Metropolitan Police helicopter was also scrambled into action.
One man, whose daughter attends the nearby Little Ilford School, said the area was cordoned off during the police operation.
He said: “There were eight or nine police cars and hundreds of people just standing around and watching.
- 1 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 2 'We have been failed': Newham families face eviction by council
- 3 Multi-vehicle collision in Canning Town leads to one driver being cut free
- 4 'Extremely violent' Forest Gate robbery filmed by onlookers
- 5 Westfield bar's licence under threat after girl raped
- 6 Covid-19: How the situation in Newham compares to this time last year
- 7 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Man sentenced for illegal subletting of council home
- 10 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
“My daughter told me there were kids talking about it the next day and going around saying ‘someone got shanked, someone got shanked’”
Nobody has been arrested in connection with the attack. Police have described the suspects as Asian males aged between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information should contact 0207 275 5711 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.