Man stabbed after fight in Manor Park
A man was stabbed during a fight involving groups of youths in Manor Park.
On arrival at the scene in Church Road, police discovered a 20-year-old man with a stab wound close to Little Ilford School at around 5.50pm on March 11.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where the injury was later described as non-life threatening.
Witnesses said the area close to the road’s junction with Harcourt Avenue was cordoned off while officers conducted their operation.
The Metropolitan Police helicopter was also scrambled into action.
You may also want to watch:
One man, whose daughter attends the nearby Little Ilford School, said the area was cordoned off during the police operation.
He said: “There were eight or nine police cars and hundreds of people just standing around and watching.
- 1 Changes to controversial Newham parking scheme announced
- 2 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 3 Violent gang stuff sock in elderly woman's mouth and steal her jewellery
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 5 Artist plans window exhibition to put Newham's artistic talent on the map
- 6 'Clearly insufficient' - Canning Town teacher in charge of foodbank talks free school meal hampers
- 7 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 8 West Ham forward Alisha Lehmann joins Everton on loan
- 9 This is what we want to show everyone says Hammers star Tomas Soucek
- 10 £10.1m grant strategy approved to support businesses as pandemic continues
“My daughter told me there were kids talking about it the next day and going around saying ‘someone got shanked, someone got shanked’”
Nobody has been arrested in connection with the attack. Police have described the suspects as Asian males aged between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information should contact 0207 275 5711 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.