Man stabbed after fight in Manor Park
A man was stabbed during a fight involving groups of youths in Manor Park.
On arrival at the scene in Church Road, police discovered a 20-year-old man with a stab wound close to Little Ilford School at around 5.50pm on March 11.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where the injury was later described as non-life threatening.
Witnesses said the area close to the road’s junction with Harcourt Avenue was cordoned off while officers conducted their operation.
The Metropolitan Police helicopter was also scrambled into action.
You may also want to watch:
One man, whose daughter attends the nearby Little Ilford School, said the area was cordoned off during the police operation.
He said: “There were eight or nine police cars and hundreds of people just standing around and watching.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Canning Town bus station stays closed as 'urgent' investigation underway
- 3 The secondary schools in Newham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Clean-up underway after flash floods hit Newham
- 5 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 6 High Court judge rules no further action needed over embargo breach by Newham company boss
- 7 Carpenters Estate neighbours to vote on redevelopment plans
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Brilliant moment for Okoflex as he nets in West Ham's win at Celtic
- 10 Man injured as glass falls from Canning Town bus station canopy
“My daughter told me there were kids talking about it the next day and going around saying ‘someone got shanked, someone got shanked’”
Nobody has been arrested in connection with the attack. Police have described the suspects as Asian males aged between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information should contact 0207 275 5711 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.