Man stabbed after fight in Manor Park
A man was stabbed during a fight involving groups of youths in Manor Park.
On arrival at the scene in Church Road, police discovered a 20-year-old man with a stab wound close to Little Ilford School at around 5.50pm on March 11.
He was taken by ambulance to The Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where the injury was later described as non-life threatening.
Witnesses said the area close to the road’s junction with Harcourt Avenue was cordoned off while officers conducted their operation.
The Metropolitan Police helicopter was also scrambled into action.
You may also want to watch:
One man, whose daughter attends the nearby Little Ilford School, said the area was cordoned off during the police operation.
He said: “There were eight or nine police cars and hundreds of people just standing around and watching.
- 1 Tributes to 'hero' charity founder who dedicated life to Newham children
- 2 There's huge belief in the team insists West Ham loanee Jesse Lingard
- 3 Player ratings: Lingard and Bowen guide Hammers back into the top four
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 West Ham boss Moyes hailed players in Leicester City victory
- 6 Elections, Ron Dyer, Islamophobia and Covid
- 7 Former boxer compared feet with Prince Philip during visit to club
- 8 Santino Dymiter murder: Teens given life terms for 'savage' gang killing
- 9 Newham men who bought BMW M5 in £112,000 fraud sentenced
- 10 Stratford was busiest station on TfL network last year, data reveals
“My daughter told me there were kids talking about it the next day and going around saying ‘someone got shanked, someone got shanked’”
Nobody has been arrested in connection with the attack. Police have described the suspects as Asian males aged between 18 and 20 years old.
Anyone with information should contact 0207 275 5711 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.