Man shot in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg in Forest Gate last night.
The incident happened in Leonard Road at around 10.15pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said that his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: “We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew and an incident response officer.
“We treated a patient on the scene for a leg injury and took them to hospital as a priority.”
You may also want to watch:
The shooting comes just days after the police launched a week-long gun surrender initiative, asking firearms owners to hand in their weapons with no questions asked.
- 1 New developments given the green light in Newham so far this year
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Forest Gate flats bid gets green light despite neighbours' objections
- 5 Free fitness sessions on offer in Newham as parkrun returns
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 Grade II-listed building to become creative hub with £250k refurb
- 8 Fried chicken outlet to open at Westfield in Stratford
- 9 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 10 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase