Man shot in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg in Forest Gate last night.
The incident happened in Leonard Road at around 10.15pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said that his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: “We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew and an incident response officer.
“We treated a patient on the scene for a leg injury and took them to hospital as a priority.”
You may also want to watch:
The shooting comes just days after the police launched a week-long gun surrender initiative, asking firearms owners to hand in their weapons with no questions asked.
- 1 Police appeal for help after woman raped in Beckton
- 2 Footage shows crowd piling onto train at Canning Town station
- 3 Newham's Covid-19 case rate 'huge' but there is 'light at end of the tunnel'
- 4 Forest Gate man, 21, charged with dangerous and drug driving
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Dangerous driver arrested after police find drugs and £28k cash
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Barts apologises to family after death of Stratford woman
- 9 Serial fraudster who set up fake real estate company jailed for six years
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton finally gets his man in Dan Kemp