Man shot in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg in Forest Gate last night.
The incident happened in Leonard Road at around 10.15pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said that his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: “We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew and an incident response officer.
“We treated a patient on the scene for a leg injury and took them to hospital as a priority.”
The shooting comes just days after the police launched a week-long gun surrender initiative, asking firearms owners to hand in their weapons with no questions asked.
- 1 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Newham man among UK's 'most wanted fugitives' who may be hiding in Spain
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Jackett hoping to strengthen squad
- 7 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 8 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 9 Man remains in critical condition after Stratford Station attack
- 10 Overnight blaze at North Woolwich block of flats