Man shot in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg in Forest Gate last night.
The incident happened in Leonard Road at around 10.15pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said that his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: “We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew and an incident response officer.
“We treated a patient on the scene for a leg injury and took them to hospital as a priority.”
You may also want to watch:
The shooting comes just days after the police launched a week-long gun surrender initiative, asking firearms owners to hand in their weapons with no questions asked.
- 1 Vandal targets St Antony statue outside church in Forest Gate
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Rumours over empty Stratford estate homes quashed in meeting
- 4 Architects awarded £300K contract for Stratford Station makeover
- 5 'Petrified' cat reunited with kittens after 'pursuit' in Canning Town
- 6 Family of man who died after attack in Canning Town pays tribute to a 'loving, generous' father
- 7 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 8 Blaze under control at block of flats being built in Canning Town
- 9 Flights from London City Airport to Switzerland resume as hub readies for return to international travel
- 10 Newham saw no deaths from Covid-19 at the end of April, figures show