Man shot in Forest Gate
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man was shot in the leg in Forest Gate last night.
The incident happened in Leonard Road at around 10.15pm.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said that his injuries were not life-threatening or life-changing.
A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman added: “We sent a number of resources to the scene including an ambulance crew and an incident response officer.
“We treated a patient on the scene for a leg injury and took them to hospital as a priority.”
You may also want to watch:
The shooting comes just days after the police launched a week-long gun surrender initiative, asking firearms owners to hand in their weapons with no questions asked.
- 1 Westfield evacuated after fire at centre in Stratford
- 2 Body found in derelict pub in Forest Gate
- 3 Car abandoned after triple shooting and stabbing at Forest Gate barber
- 4 Halal butcher's aiming to be 'Harrods of meat industry' opens in Stratford
- 5 Parking space row sees police called and woman left feeling 'vulnerable'
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Update: Girl, 14, missing from East Ham found
- 9 Beckton man due to be sentenced for sexual assault of young girl
- 10 Man in critical condition after triple shooting in Newham